2013 accord lx dash lights - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 04:44 AM
1st Gear

Question 2013 accord lx dash lights

This could be normal but I usually drive with my headlights on all the time on my way to work today it was dark and i adjusted the brightness down of my dash lights and imid cause it was too bright --- almost when i got to work the sun was out and my dash lights and imid had gotten brighter on there own so i cut headlights off and then back on to see if it would dim , it did not and the adjustment screw now would not dim the dash lights either , my question is , is it because the sun was out and it over rides my settings or is there a problem here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 08:15 AM
4x with no end in sight

I saw this in the manual... could it be that this happened?

If you turn the knob to the right until the brightness
display is up to max, the beeper sounds. This cancels
the reduced instrument panel brightness when the
parking lights are on.

It also said this:

Instrument panel brightness varies, depending on
whether the exterior lights are on or off. The
instrument panel dims to reduce glare when they are
on.

Pressing the (Select/Reset) knob switches the
display.

Does pressing the adjustment knob help?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 AM
My First Post

I have a similar problem with my 2013 Accord LX. Here is what I found out.

1. Adjustment Knob only works when it's dark and I think it's connected to the light sensor. It only adjusts the brightness against Parking Lights, etc. for driving with lights on when outside is dark. Here is how it's done: In the Parking Position with the engine running and light switched to the second (Parking Lights, etc.) position, turning the Adjustment Knob left (dimmer) or right (brighter). You will see six circles at the center of the Instrument Panel, filled up when you turn the Knob to right, and hear a beep if the limit on each side is reached. The right beep also tells you that the contrast is off and the brightness is at its highest when the lights are on. There are a total of six positions and I keep it at the fourth position.

2. The manual says the brightness can be adjusted with lights on or off but does not tell how to do it when the lights are off. My guess is that Day/Night (Sun/Moon) button (with symbols of Sun and Moon on the left side of the CD slot) is used for both. Push the button repeatedly, you can switch it between Day, Night, and Screen Off. When it is in Day or Night, a row of bars is shown and you can rotate the Selection Dial to move the position of the brightness, which I think is for both the Screen and Instrument Panel because there is another place in Settings you can adjust every of the Screen. I keep both cases with the choice of the middle bar.

So if you keep the Adjustment Knob at a position, say the fourth position, and feel it's too bright when you drive during the day with lights on, you can lower the brightness of the Day setting described in Part 2 above.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.