Phone Contacts Not Syncing Correctly With Car - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

Phone Contacts Not Syncing Correctly With Car

I have a 2013 EX-L Sedan. Does anyone know what the contact or phone number limit is for the car?

I pair my HTC EVO 4G LTE phone to the car and let it do the auto address book syncing but only some of my contacts move to the car. I have roughly 384 total contacts on my phone and maybe 30% show on the phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Continuously Varying

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
I have a 2013 EX-L Sedan. Does anyone know what the contact or phone number limit is for the car?

I pair my HTC EVO 4G LTE phone to the car and let it do the auto address book syncing but only some of my contacts move to the car. I have roughly 384 total contacts on my phone and maybe 30% show on the phone.
Had this issue with my iPhone 4S. Had to go into the settings of the phone and verify which group of contacts to sync with bluetooth. Once I selected the appropriate group (All) everything synced as it should . Your phone probably has a similar setting/option.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 PM
1st Gear

I have a similar problem with my '13 coupe and my Galaxy Nexus. Only 3 contacts appear after the syncing procedure. I haven't looked any further but I get the same problem when trying to connect to a '12 TL. Anyone have a new accord and using a Galaxy Nexus?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the tip. I found that under my contacts I had an MSN,Gmail Group that was missing 300 contacts, so I easily added all my contacts to it and that fixed the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw_fw View Post
Had this issue with my iPhone 4S. Had to go into the settings of the phone and verify which group of contacts to sync with bluetooth. Once I selected the appropriate group (All) everything synced as it should . Your phone probably has a similar setting/option.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 AM
4th Gear

OK, sounds like both of you have brand new cars. Typlically if you look in your glovebox you will find a book or two referred to as the owners manual. I highly suggest referring to this reference. Don't be scared, may god be with you...

Good luck!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:23 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for stating the obvious, and being of no help whatsoever.

The owners manual does not state specifically what groups sync to the vehicle.

Happy trolling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeK View Post
OK, sounds like both of you have brand new cars. Typlically if you look in your glovebox you will find a book or two referred to as the owners manual. I highly suggest referring to this reference. Don't be scared, may god be with you...

Good luck!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:51 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Thanks for stating the obvious, and being of no help whatsoever.

The owners manual does not state specifically what groups sync to the vehicle.

Happy trolling!
Lets see...

...Your origional question was

Page 19 of the "Accessory HandsFreeLink User's Information Manual" it is stated:
Accessory HFL can store up to 32 names and 128
phone numbers. Each name has four locations
(Home, Work, Mobile, and Pager) associated with it.
Please keep in mind these instructions are in reference to the 2007 model year. Your results may vary.

Accessory HandsFreeLinkTM Userís Information Manual
Old 12-07-2012, 06:01 AM
1st Gear

Sorry, I stand corrected. I am not sure why I even asked that question other than thinking I had surpassed a limit, because of my missing contacts, so in reality the second part of my post was the true issue I needed addressed, which it was.

According to the update Honda Link Guide http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfr...-features.aspx

1000 names and 10,000 numbers. That is huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeK View Post
Lets see...

...Your origional question was

Page 19 of the "Accessory HandsFreeLink User's Information Manual" it is stated:
Accessory HFL can store up to 32 names and 128
phone numbers. Each name has four locations
(Home, Work, Mobile, and Pager) associated with it.
Please keep in mind these instructions are in reference to the 2007 model year. Your results may vary.

Accessory HandsFreeLinkTM User’s Information Manual
Old 12-07-2012, 08:07 AM
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Exclamation

Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 AM
1st Gear

Looks like I spoke too soon. Changing my contacts to a different group did not work either. I am curious what setting you changed to allow bluetooth to sync all your contacts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw_fw View Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:20 AM
Continuously Varying

Quote:
Looks like I spoke too soon. Changing my contacts to a different group did not work either. I am curious what setting you changed to allow bluetooth to sync all your contacts?
On my iPhone with the latest OS it is under

Settings>Bluetooth>Device:HandsFreeLink>Groups

Under this Groups setting was a list of Groups that shows the grouping of my Contacts. In this list I selected "All Contacts"
Old 03-27-2013, 06:12 AM
My First Post

Galaxy Nexus issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrd View Post
I have a similar problem with my '13 coupe and my Galaxy Nexus. Only 3 contacts appear after the syncing procedure. I haven't looked any further but I get the same problem when trying to connect to a '12 TL. Anyone have a new accord and using a Galaxy Nexus?
I've got a Galaxy Nexus and have a similar problem, phonebook and call lists only work on the initial pairing. I've been trying to dig around and it seems like there may be some Android bugs with Bluetooth sync.

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...sort=&id=39753
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbongoat View Post
I've got a Galaxy Nexus and have a similar problem, phonebook and call lists only work on the initial pairing. I've been trying to dig around and it seems like there may be some Android bugs with Bluetooth sync.

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...sort=&id=39753
What version of Android? I have never had any problems with my Gnex and aftermarket bluetooth sync. Picking up my Accord this week. It should work correctly.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 AM
1st Gear

I also have the HTC Evo 4G LTE. I got my Accord yesterday, and let it pull in the phone book.

I went to assign a few speed dials, but two of the names I intended to assign were not present in the car's phone book for me to choose for the speed dial slot, despite clearly being in the phone's phone book. All my contacts in the phone are Google contacts, not local phone-only contacts, and I can manage them when logged into Gmail at a computer.

I also did not see some means to specify that the car import only a certain group of contacts. I guess I'll try to dump the car phone book and reimport or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.