Add SAT Radio to 2013 Accord Sport. - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 04:55 PM
1st Gear

Add SAT Radio to 2013 Accord Sport.

I have a 2013 Accord Sport and would like to add SAT Radio. I would like it to look factory and not just stick a module somewhere that looks like an add-on.
Up to now I have not found a SAT kit that will work with the stock radio. Has anyone found an OEM look solution to this?
Incidentally, I have replaced the OEM speakers front and rear with JBL P662 and added an Alpine AMP and am generally pleased with sound. Been listening mostly to Pandora thru iPhone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
5th Gear

Re: Add SAT Radio to 2013 Accord Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binko View Post
I have a 2013 Accord Sport and would like to add SAT Radio. I would like it to look factory and not just stick a module somewhere that looks like an add-on.
Up to now I have not found a SAT kit that will work with the stock radio. Has anyone found an OEM look solution to this?
Incidentally, I have replaced the OEM speakers front and rear with JBL P662 and added an Alpine AMP and am generally pleased with sound. Been listening mostly to Pandora thru iPhone.
Why don't you get the xm apps and plug in your ipod through usb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Previous 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Nav, Crystal Black Pearll/Black Interior

Previous 2008 Honda Accord EX-L I4 Nav, Nighthawk Black/Black Interior
Old 02-12-2013, 05:03 PM
1st Gear

I would like to be able to tune in stations with radio instead of thru phone as well as using up my phone data. A sat tuner also has better sound than wireless Bluetooth.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM
1st Gear

I am also curious about this subject as well. As I might plan to get SAT radio at some point later down the road.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:47 AM
4th Gear

Get the adapter http://www.crutchfield.com/p_700KS30...Radio-Kit.html
- Fully customize LEDusa lightings #2, D2Racing Coilovers, VelgenWheels, AVS Ventvisor, HID low beam, M3 roof spoiler, Deck lid spoiler, Replace stock speakers, Painted Splash guards, Dealer installed factory 2nd alarm. Dual Magnaflows Mufflers with Dual CTX tips, Painted EZ-Lip, instagram FB
Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the suggestion of the Kenwood kit, however it is still an add-on that does not display with the factory radio and requires mounting the display somewhere external.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:27 PM
2008 EXL navi sedan 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by binko View Post
Thanks for the suggestion of the Kenwood kit, however it is still an add-on that does not display with the factory radio and requires mounting the display somewhere external.
I like XM too, and share your frustration that it's not standard on the Sport (even though I'm planning to get a different model).

But the brutal truth, which you well know at this point, is that integrated XM requires getting an EXL or Touring. No aftermarket thing is going to do what a factory system will do.

I had an aftermarket XM on my 2002 Accord LX, however, and it worked pretty well. Don't give up on that idea yet if you love XM as I do. Good luck! Hope you find something that works out.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:51 PM
3rd Gear

Crutchfield sells an adapter that will allow you to receive XM on an 8th Gen Accord, but when I spoke to them, they weren't sure yet whether it would work on the 9th Gen. It would allow you to control the radio through the OEM controls.

2013 Accord EX Sedan MSM 6MT
2010 Acura TL AWD 6MT
2003 Accord EX 5MT (at 165K and counting)
Old 02-14-2013, 04:31 AM
1st Gear

I have checked with various installers as well as Crutchfield. Unfortunately what works for the 8th gen will not work for the 9th gen. UGH!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:05 AM
BringTheIntegraBack

Word of advice from an XM subscriber for over ten years. The sound is simply terrible now. If you have an ear for clean sound, run away from XM.

If you want the convenience of listening to a particular channel no matter how far away from home you drive, then XM is an okay solution. You are better off playing your iPod if your need is music. If Howard Stern is what you seek, then XM is the only game in town.
Photos here: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60979

1992 Integra LS 3DR 5MT
Bone Stock; Original Owner
590,000 miles!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:19 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by suisunca View Post
Word of advice from an XM subscriber for over ten years. The sound is simply terrible now. If you have an ear for clean sound, run away from XM.

If you want the convenience of listening to a particular channel no matter how far away from home you drive, then XM is an okay solution. You are better off playing your iPod if your need is music. If Howard Stern is what you seek, then XM is the only game in town.
I agree 100% the sound quality of XM/Sirius is really deteriorated over the years.
I had it in my 2011 and I don't have it in my 2013 sport.mostly due to the poor sound,it's not worth the money they charge for the service. Just my opinion though........
Honda "Accord sill plates"
Honda trunk mat.
Honda Remote start.
Pioneer TST15 door tweeters.
Diamond Audio 12" D1 Subwoofer.
Rearview mirror with Auto dimming and Compass.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

If you replace the front speakers with JBL P662, do you put them in the doors, but replace the tweeters near the windows with a different speaker? Or do the 2-way JBL P662s come apart and the tweeter goes near the window and the midrange goes in the door?
I would like to have JBL P26T for the tweeters and complete JBL P662 (2-way) in the doors. Is that possible?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:50 AM
1st Gear

Sorry for the late response. I have the sport which does not have tweeters in the door.
The P662s have built in tweeters in the center of the speaker and so I did not have to mount anything else. The entire speaker mounted in the door where the originals were.
I did use the factory speaker frame as the mounting plate for the P662s. I cut out the cone part and used the remaining portion as the mount. There is a video somewhere on line showing how to do it.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM
4th Gear

OK, let's bring back that thread now that some time has passed.

My girlfriend is going crazy now that she doesn't have Sirius anymore... What can I do doctor??

Is there any new products out there now that integrate with the factory unit? Or at least a decent stealth sat module?

A kit like that - which seems to have a USB out cable, would it work if connected to the USB interface of the Accord and would the head unit play what's coming in?

-Katzkin custom leather interior -Soundstream subwoofer -Infinity front speakers -Absolute 55w hid Kit -DRL mod -Led strip light and interior lighting -Acura type-S shift knob -Seat angle mod -5mm front & 15mm rear spacers -ANC delete mod -Hidden Apple connector mod
Old 04-18-2013, 07:46 AM
6 Cylinders 6 Gears

Mine came with 3 months of XM for free. I never paid to continue it after that, and went with Pandora One instead. The sound is better with Pandora and at $36/year, it's cheaper too.
Blue Footwell Illumination
Blue Door Sill Illumination
Splash Guards
Upgraded Horn

Previous Honda
2001 S2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.