online car sites; seeing a LOT of 7.5 gens - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 04:52 PM
banned

online car sites; seeing a LOT of 7.5 gens

hey guys,

7th gen Accord can be had pretty easily but 7.5 gens and especially rare 5 MT and 6MT are still very rare and hard to find! I just wanted to inform everyone who is looking for rare Accords to continue to look on. I found them on very generic but surprising to me effective sites like automibile magazine car site. (not to mention most common sites like Autotrader and car max etc et al.) showing more then 1 6 MT for sale in my local municipality.

A little BKG: I've owned a 2006 V6 AT sedan accord for 7 solid years now(bought it off the lot in late 2005) and always dreamed of owning the 6 MT Accord(coupe or sedan) but they would not budge on MSRP due to how rare this car is. Love the car so much I couldn't ever trade it in. This bring me to my delima, I want to get another car just for luxury and to get one in a trim that is rare to find in the 7.5 gen, the might 6MT(in coupe or sedan form). You remember when you went to buy your 7th gen, all the talk was about the new 6 MT?/ And how the dealer never had one in stock or maybe just one and they never discounted them due to low volume?

Well, just recently I started looking more aggressively online for 2006-07 6MT (and 5 MT for that matter) and found 1 black coupe 6MT as well as 1 tafetta white 6 mt coupe. I also found a sedan I think but the coupe really caught my eye since I won a sedan and it would make more sense to add a coupe to the stable especially in 6 MT form. What do you guys think, since I found more coupes then sedan?

The point of this thread is I am really thinking hard about going for the coupe MT or even another sedan in 6MT cloak for no reason then to get a rare car. Is this crazy I mean I don't really know how to shift and wouldnt ever dream of practicing it on a new car(for me) I buy. But here I am looking at online car sites and finding good results on some for sale- 6 MT coupes and sedans from 7.5 gen only, might I add.

Is anyone out there also looking for rare Accords (or even other Hondas Acuras especially the Integra Type R and GSR)? I'm not talking about the one's already raced out but in stock not raced out fashion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
3rd Gear

I found my car just driving by a used lot to a Mazda dealer. I was looking online for a 7th gen. I got lucky last May and bought my female one owner 06 Ex-l nav 5spd redondo red pearl w/ 66k for a good deal. Has 78k on it now, been trouble free. They're out there, just got to keep your eyes peeled.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:47 AM
1st Gear

I have an auto 7.5 Gen V6. I was sort of shopping around for a manual and found that generally, they are easier to find away from the cities.
If I did not live in NYC but more out in NJ or PA, I would definitely chosen a 6MT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.