Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Idle Vibration After Doing S/B 04-024

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  greg-ster 
#1 ·
There were quite a number of Accord owners that had TSB 04-024 done for Idle Vibration, but were still unhappy with the amount of vibration that they felt in the veichle. Here's one more thing to check - the Exhaust A-pipe rubber mount!

NOTE: This article applies to A/T-equipped
’03–04 Accord L4s.
Just did the repair procedure in S/B 04-024,
Engine Vibrates While Idling In Gear, but the
engine still idles like a Tin Lizzy? A damaged
exhaust pipe A rubber mount may be the reason
why. Inspect the rubber mount. If the mount is
torn or deteriorated, replace it. Then start the
engine, and make sure it idles smoothly.

Page 3

#3 ·
It's located between the flex pipe and the catalytic converter. Right before the cat, you should see what looks like a long metal spur come off the exhaust pipe, and go foward into a rubber mount - that would be the A-pipe mount. :yes:

#5 ·
I just installed the new the Exhaust A-pipe rubber mount. There were no rips or deteriorated on the old one but after measuring and comparing it to the new one there was a big difference. Now that horrible vibration is gone :banana: Thanks again for the info :thumbsup:

The install is very easy took about 5 mins.

Part # 18215-SDA-A01 (Exhust rubber mount)
Jack up car and use jacks stands for safety
12 mm socket with extension (2 bolts to remove.. tighten to 16 ftlb)
***make sure you install mount with "front" faceing front***

#6 ·
yeah my car it idle crazy like that...but now after i installed my header it even idle more crazier and the rpm drop below 1000..please help :(

#7 ·
alyo said:
I just installed the new the Exhaust A-pipe rubber mount. There were no rips or deteriorated on the old one but after measuring and comparing it to the new one there was a big difference. Now that horrible vibration is gone :banana: Thanks again for the info :thumbsup:

The install is very easy took about 5 mins.

Part # 18215-SDA-A01 (Exhust rubber mount)
Jack up car and use jacks stands for safety
12 mm socket with extension (2 bolts to remove.. tighten to 16 ftlb)
***make sure you install mount with "front" faceing front***
This is really great to hear! :)

I just might change mine at a later date, for good measure...especually since your mount wasn't damaged, but replacing it made a big difference. Plus its only like $8 :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.