Guide to get text messages to work with iPhone - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

Guide to get text messages to work with iPhone

Hey guys, I wanted to post this to help out all those who have iPhones with IOS 6 with the messaging feature giving them issues.

When I got the accord sport (3 days ago) and the text messaging feature didn't work. I did get it working though. Here's what I did...

I turned off Siri, I deleted the phone off the car and the honda link off the phone. I then reconnected the phone to my car and when into the phone settings and turned on "show notifications" under the honda link Bluetooth menu. I then turned off the message feature then turned it back on on the car display. Then sent myself a message from my phone to my phone(I know it sounds weird)!! The message popped up on my screen in the car and started to work with all messages.

If that doesn't work try deleting all the text messages you have on your phone and some people reported that working too.

At first I was receiving the name of who sent me the message but now the name stopped appearing. I will keep fiddling with it and keep you guys posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 PM
6th Gear

I just turned on the location feature for the app and it worked.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:38 AM
1st Gear

I thought the entire text feature didn't work with the iPhone, only Android? I'll have to try this.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:19 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by menahanna View Post
Hey guys, I wanted to post this to help out all those who have iPhones with IOS 6 with the messaging feature giving them issues.

When I got the accord sport (3 days ago) and the text messaging feature didn't work. I did get it working though. Here's what I did...

I turned off Siri, I deleted the phone off the car and the honda link off the phone. I then reconnected the phone to my car and when into the phone settings and turned on "show notifications" under the honda link Bluetooth menu. I then turned off the message feature then turned it back on on the car display. Then sent myself a message from my phone to my phone(I know it sounds weird)!! The message popped up on my screen in the car and started to work with all messages.

If that doesn't work try deleting all the text messages you have on your phone and some people reported that working too.

At first I was receiving the name of who sent me the message but now the name stopped appearing. I will keep fiddling with it and keep you guys posted.
Can you also respond to the txt msg you received in the car?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Rev high; drive happy

Got it to work in mine with the instructions above, but could not send a message back.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:16 PM
4th Gear

Tried it 4x on my iPhone 5 with no luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-19-2013, 04:35 PM
5th Gear

You can't send messages back with iPhone, it's an Apple software thing. The easiest way to get Text to work is go into the Phone settings on the Accord, go text Messages and then select the Device which will say "IOS" and that's it.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:19 PM
3rd Gear

i got it to work but everytime i receive a text message, the car always ask me if i want to receive notifications. This happens every time, it gets redundant. The same thing with pandora. It keeps asking me on my phone to allow the application. Any one else annoyed? or has a fix?
-LED Interior Lights
-Hoen Halogen Fog Lights
-Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats

1999 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 2.0L

-AEM cold air intake
-JBL amp with 400 watt RMS 12" Audiobahn subwoofer
Old 05-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Retired from Car Biz....

Quote:
Originally Posted by superTomato View Post
i got it to work but everytime i receive a text message, the car always ask me if i want to receive notifications. This happens every time, it gets redundant. The same thing with pandora. It keeps asking me on my phone to allow the application. Any one else annoyed? or has a fix?
no that's the way it works now...
Old 05-19-2013, 09:26 PM
6th Gear

Can't respond via text through iPhone. Also you have to click YES every time otherwise it will not work.

The speech in mine is muddled sometimes, like with static. I don't want the dealer ripping my car apart to check it, I'll just deal with it lol
Old 09-16-2013, 09:51 AM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by menahanna View Post

I have an iphone 4s with ios 6 (soon to be ios 7). The text messaging is working properly except for the fact that the name and phone number does not always appear. Here is the problem: when I receive a text message from a number that is not stored in my address book, the phone number will show up on the honda display. When the number is stored in my address book, it will not display a name or phone number. Very strange. Honda dealer did not know how to fix this either. If anybody has had this problem please let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.