Type of bulb of low beam on 06 Accord?...Anyone! - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 7th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 12:36 PM
banned

Send a message via MSN to ACCORDEX06
Question Type of bulb of low beam on 06 Accord?...Anyone!

I need to know what is the type of bulb of the low beam of my 06 Accord. I want to buy a HID kit! Any advice would be great!!!! thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 01:00 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCORDEX06
I need to know what is the type of bulb of the low beam of my 06 Accord. I want to buy a HID kit! Any advice would be great!!!! thanks!
9006 is the bulb size for your low-beams.
Don't get color temp. above 8000K, otherwise you risk being pulled over (you also will get less light output, it will be deep blue or purple).
Old 12-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Carpe Diem, Carpe Viam...

Personally I'm going HIR instead of HID simply because I believe HIDs should ONLY be used in proper retrofits.

FYI, for anyone wanting bulb info on the 7th gen Accords (From V6P, so I can't take credit for this):

Quote:
7th GEN. BULB REPLACEMENT LIST

EXTERIOR LIGHTS

Headlights
Low Beam - 9006 (HB4) (51W)
High Beam – 9005 (HB3) (60W)

Fog Lights (oem accessory)
Coupe & Sedan – H11 (55W)

Front Turn Signal/Parking Lights
Coupe & Sedan – 1157A (amber) (27W/8W) (24CP/2.2CP)

Brake Light/Tail Lights
Coupe – 7443 (clear) (21W/5W) <--- ***Needs Confirmation***
Sedan – 7443 (clear) (21W/5W)

Tail Lights
Sedan – 194 (4W) (2CP)
(Note: No separate tail light on coupes.)

Rear Turn Signals
Coupe – 7440 (clear) (21W)
Sedan – 7440A (amber) (21W)

Third Brake Light - In rear window
Coupe & Sedan – 7440 (clear) (21W)

LED Third Brake Light – On oem wing
Coupe & Sedan – ???
(Note: It’s warranted by Honda.)

Reverse Lights
Coupe – 921 (clear) (18W) <--- ***Needs Confirmation***
Sedan – 7440 (clear) (21W)

License Plate Light(s)
Coupe & Sedan – 168 (5W) (3CP)
(Note: 2 bulbs used on coupes, 1 bulb on sedans.)

INTERIOR LIGHTS

Overhead Light (aka Dome Light)
Coupe & Sedan – DE3022 (8W)

Maplights
Coupe & Sedan – DE3022 (8W)

Door Courtesy Lights
Coupe & Sedan – 194 (4W) (2CP)

Glove Box Light
Coupe & Sedan – 194 (4W) (2CP) <--- ***Needs confirmation***

Vanity Mirror Lights
Coupe & Sedan - ??? (1.1W)
(Appears to be a special Honda bulb (# TS-14V10P). Looks like a fuse. Available at Honda for only $9.)

Ash Tray Light (oem accessory)
Coupe & Sedan - 74

Trunk Interior Light
Coupe & Sedan – 168 (5W) (3CP)
TIRES: 215/50R17 Fuzion ZRIs, 205/60R16 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2s (on steelies)
Previous Car: 1995 White Pontiac Sunfire 5MT Coupe 410,000KM - R.I.P
Old 12-01-2006, 01:11 PM
White Man Group Car Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum
Personally I'm going HIR instead of HID simply because I believe HIDs should ONLY be used in proper retrofits.

FYI, for anyone wanting bulb info on the 7th gen Accords (From V6P, so I can't take credit for this):
Do you have a website where you plan on getting them? I remember reading about them on this forum a few months ago, but can't remember what they are.
.TL-S 20mm Rear Sway Bar.
.Lowered 2"(F)/2.2"(R)
.Fujita Cold Air Intake.
.Fog lights.
.Black 80GB Apple Ipod Video.
.Sirius Satellite Radio.
.2 12" Audiobahn Subs.
.1400w Rockford Fosgate Amp.
.1 Farad Rockford Fosgate Capacitor.
.Superwhite License plate/Interior LEDs.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:18 PM
4th Gear

Quote:

So, let me guess, HIR is High Intensity Retro-fit?
That's cool and all, but until this car gets a bit older, I'm only going plug-&-play.
So, to the original poster, we just need to worry about light pattern control. There was someone on one of these forums talking about how the HID light was going all over the place (glare issues). If anybody has a cure for that, plz post away.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:19 PM
banned

What is HIR?
Old 12-01-2006, 01:25 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Breed
So, let me guess, HIR is High Intensity Retro-fit?
That's cool and all, but until this car gets a bit older, I'm only going plug-&-play.
So, to the original poster, we just need to worry about light pattern control. There was someone on one of these forums talking about how the HID light was going all over the place (glare issues). If anybody has a cure for that, plz post away.
I don't think so...I saw a bunch of cars that have HID (from factory) without any proyector. Like Last gen. TL, Last gen. Maximas, Nissan Altima...etc. I know that the fact of the proyector is best but ours Honda Accords not come with proyector headlamps and i don't want to screw or broke my OEM headlamps.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:46 PM
White Man Group Car Club

On a side note, I just have to share. I just received my brand new Sylvania Silverstars and can't wait to see the difference. I know all the cons with them, but for 17 bucks (including shipping) it's well worth it. Damn I love Ebay.
.TL-S 20mm Rear Sway Bar.
.Lowered 2"(F)/2.2"(R)
.Fujita Cold Air Intake.
.Fog lights.
.Black 80GB Apple Ipod Video.
.Sirius Satellite Radio.
.2 12" Audiobahn Subs.
.1400w Rockford Fosgate Amp.
.1 Farad Rockford Fosgate Capacitor.
.Superwhite License plate/Interior LEDs.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:00 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faderrific
On a side note, I just have to share. I just received my brand new Sylvania Silverstars and can't wait to see the difference. I know all the cons with them, but for 17 bucks (including shipping) it's well worth it. Damn I love Ebay.
You gone to see NOTHING!!!!!!! Its the same thing!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
What is HIR?
HIR is actually Halogen Infrared Reflective, and is really a "drop in" replacement for some standard halogen setups. Basically the logic behind it is that a lot of heat is given out by halogens, and that is wasteful energy. HIRs use a special clear coating on the bulbs that reflect that infrared heat back at the filament, causing it to glow a fair amount brighter. By no means is it near as bright as HID, however DOT approved HIRs must perform better than any DOT rated halogen on the market. Therefore even the weakest HIR must equal slightly more than the absolute halogen that could be made.

Apparently from what I've red the HIR "spec" was originally designed by GE for use in John Deer tractors. When GE noticed its potential they started offering it for automotive uses. GE's design (long, thin bulbs) didn't fly too well in cars (broke extremely easily), so they abandoned the market. Toshiba then picked up the ball, and resigned the bulb to be "round", and now are the only real HIR bulbs on the market. There are others, however a lot of them are either fake, of GE's original faulty design, or are really only "overdriven" halogens, which burn out extremely quickly and/or draw a ton of power.

Now with all that said a real HID setup will always win against HIR in light output. Technically how HIR always beats halogen and is regulated by DOT spec, HID always beats HIR. The problem is whereas HIRs are designed to work in halogen reflectors, HIDs are not. Yes there are HID reflector cars on the market (Inspire for one, so is the USDM G35 sedan and 350Z), however their reflectors are DESIGNED for HID. I'm a real advocate against just dumping HID bulbs and ballasts in stock reflectors, so imo the ONLY way to properly use HIDs is with a retrofit (which involves taking the real HID projectors from another car, and hacking them into your car's stock housings).

If anyone is interested in some tests performed/more info, check out the following links:
http://www.bmwcca.org/members/AM/Tem...e_Be_E36_Light
http://foohbar.com/light_bulb_saga.cfm
http://hirheadlights.com/ - Bill Fox's site, and the only real source of Toshiba HIRs in the US (I think).
Old 12-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't think so...I saw a bunch of cars that have HID (from factory) without any proyector. Like Last gen. TL, Last gen. Maximas, Nissan Altima...etc. I know that the fact of the proyector is best but ours Honda Accords not come with proyector headlamps and i don't want to screw or broke my OEM headlamps.
You should also realize that these cars coming from the factory with HID's and no projectors means that they pass stringent regulations for automotive lighting and were specifically designed to run HID's. To say that "those cars can run HID with reflectors, then I can too without posing a safety risk" is like saying "HEY! The Dodge Viper has 345/30R19 rear tires, I can surely run those on my Accord!!!" Durrr it's completely different...
Old 12-01-2006, 09:26 PM
4th Gear

Funny we should be talking about overdriven lighting systems, as I just blew ANOTHER bulb on my Corolla. My Corolla is running a headlight booster setup (for those who don't know what that is; it's two big capacitors that fit in series with the headlights. Each headlight gets its own battery of sorts. I'm also using the highest watt bulbs I can find (100W blue quarts glass). I pretty much got HID brightness and color, but can you guess what the trade off is? Yup, I literally blow bulbs. They come out looking like mushrooms.
Now my adapter connection is melting
Ricer hoooo! I don't care they look pretty
However this foolishness stops with my new Accord. I will be buying one of those ebay HID kits.
To the member up-thread who was talking about reflectors designed around the HID are made to avoid blinding people; whatever, those Caddy trucks who have said "special designed reflectors" still blind me like my name was Ray. F that, I'm going to be the one with the midnight sun headlights this time
Old 12-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Breed
To the member up-thread who was talking about reflectors designed around the HID are made to avoid blinding people; whatever, those Caddy trucks who have said "special designed reflectors" still blind me like my name was Ray. F that, I'm going to be the one with the midnight sun headlights this time
Pretty obvious to anyone thinking about it that the higher the car and the closer the proximity to you, the more it is going to blind you. All trucks are going to have blinding lights no matter if they're HID or halogens...very simple geometry here. If the lights are above your eyes and they have to throw light down on the road, at some point it's going to blind you Someone else's lights blinded you...so you are going to go out and blind everyone else. And then people wonder why the world is in the state it's in.

Your adapter connection is melting...can't say you didn't see that coming...
Old 12-02-2006, 05:48 AM

^I really side with Ben here...two wrongs don't make a right. Also Ben is right about the height issue as well. Being slightly lowered I know any SUV, no matter what lighting system (halogen reflector or projector, HID reflector or projector) still can blind me at times. Besides, I can basically guarantee you that the Caddy passed DOT testing and regulations...an eBay HID kit has not (even if they say it has technically its impossible, since maybe the bulb did but every reflector is different).

For anyone who does go the HID in stock reflector route...at the very least PLEASE LOWER YOUR HEADLIGHTS.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:17 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
^I really side with Ben here...two wrongs don't make a right. Also Ben is right about the height issue as well. Being slightly lowered I know any SUV, no matter what lighting system (halogen reflector or projector, HID reflector or projector) still can blind me at times. Besides, I can basically guarantee you that the Caddy passed DOT testing and regulations...an eBay HID kit has not (even if they say it has technically its impossible, since maybe the bulb did but every reflector is different).

For anyone who does go the HID in stock reflector route...at the very least PLEASE LOWER YOUR HEADLIGHTS.
Yeah, I get what you guys are saying about the height difference; the HID just seems to be the "final straw". I was going to turn the pattern down a bit anyway when I got the lights (maybe more so due to the cop factor, but ehh, they will still be down).
To the defense of one ebay seller, he or she mentioned that any HID kit that is installed after the car leaves the factory, isn't Approved/Legally legit.
So, judging by the amount of HID kits flying off ebay, there are a lot of people being naughty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.