LX vs. Sport - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 08:06 PM
2nd Gear

Question LX vs. Sport

Hey everyone,

I've read about the Accord Sport and it got me wondering if maybe I should have considered the Sport. I think the reason I didn't is because typically, a car that has a Sport "package" tends to have a stiffer suspension. In one thread, glen_e mentioned the Sport had the same suspension as the other Accord trims.

Is there anyone here who test drove both the LX and the Sport? If you did, was the ride noticeably different between the two? Would it make any sense to consider trading the LX for the Sport or would I lose too much $$$ at this point? I have just a little over 3,000 miles on the LX so far.

Thanks in advance!

Tommy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Retired from Car Biz....

The updated info is Honda issued a press release and some reviews saying that the sport has a modified "tuned" suspension. However I think most here agree it is a very minor diff between the sport and other trims...and the sport is more of a package of options than a true sport accord.

And no, you will take a huge bath getting out of your car for a sport....3000 miles is "used" not "new" anymore...
Old 05-16-2013, 08:24 PM
4th Gear

I imagine the biggest difference in ride harshness from the lx to the sport would be lower profile tires on the sport.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:47 PM
2nd Gear

I drove all the 4 cylinder combinations, and there was no perceivable difference in ride or handling.

The Sport is really nice and that was what I originally wanted, but none of the dealers around here wanted to budge on price. I bought the LX and am building it up the way I want for way less than the 24K for the Sport. Just add the features you want for much less than trading in your car.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:51 PM
5th Gear

Buy some nice wheels and get a deck lid spoiler. Poof, you're happy.

Previous:
2005 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe - Satin Silver Metallic / Black
1995 Accord EX-L Sedan - Granada Black Metallic / Gray
Old 05-16-2013, 08:53 PM
2nd Gear

Smile

That's true except one thing... no paddle shifters. Kind of wish I had them. :-P
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Don't hate on my color!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetommyboy2k View Post
That's true except one thing... no paddle shifters. Kind of wish I had them. :-P
I had them in my TSX they're not all that lol
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dro9 View Post
I drove all the 4 cylinder combinations, and there was no perceivable difference in ride or handling.

The Sport is really nice and that was what I originally wanted, but none of the dealers around here wanted to budge on price. I bought the LX and am building it up the way I want for way less than the 24K for the Sport. Just add the features you want for much less than trading in your car.
The 18" wheels and fog lights by themselves almost make up the difference between a Sport and LX without the upgraded interior fabric and paddle shifters and the decklid spoiler.

6k Kensun HID's
exLED DRL Strip 6k
exLED LED Fog Lights 6k
exLED Custom Interior Kit 5k
Footwell LED's
Katzkin Leather - Black with red stitching
Old 05-17-2013, 04:26 AM
banned

I've posted this before but the rear shock has a different part number on the Sport. All other components are the same.

The ride is not much different from the LX. The price difference is worth it for the amount of "upgrades" you get.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:14 AM
3rd Gear

I looked at the lx for about 2 seconds before I crossed it off my list. Coupled with the fact I paid just over $21k out the door for my sport and it was a no brainer.

However, if you already bought the lx then trading it toward a sport this early in the ownership would really hurt financially. Upgrade your wheels or just drive it with a smile on your face. They're still very nice cars and the sport stuff is all cosmetic.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 AM
2nd Gear

Here's a list off the top of my head of upgrades the Sport has over the LX: seats & door panel fabric, dash trim, leather wrap steering wheel, shift knob & armrest cover, power seats, paddle shifts, 18' sport wheels, strut bar, fog lights, rear deck spoiler, sport instrument gauge cluster, dual exhaust, "Sport" badge. All those upgrades for under $2k is totally worth it in my book.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Cruisin Iowa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetommyboy2k View Post
You can have my paddle shifters ! They are overrated.

The reason I bought the Sport is for the electric seat. The front of the drivers seat on the LX sits too low, felt like I was sliding forward.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:23 PM
BK 2013 Accord Sport CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenyon View Post
Here's a list off the top of my head of upgrades the Sport has over the LX: seats & door panel fabric, dash trim, leather wrap steering wheel, shift knob & armrest cover, power seats, paddle shifts, 18' sport wheels, strut bar, fog lights, rear deck spoiler, sport instrument gauge cluster, dual exhaust, "Sport" badge. All those upgrades for under $2k is totally worth it in my book.
added :
LX, EX, EX-L I4's have 185HP
Sport have 189HP

Mods :
-replaced strip light marker with samsung leds
-replaced stock map lights and interior lights with LED bulbs
-replaced stock plate number lights with LED bulbs
-upgraded horns
-wheel locks installed
Old 05-17-2013, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

Don't forget the front shock tower bar/brace. Probably helps it feel a bit more tight up front.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:51 PM
2nd Gear

Depending where you live Accord enjoys the highest resale trade-in go in and see if your dealer will work with you or not. First there will be the difference in the price of your LX and the Sport that`s about 2000 to $2400 then they will depreciate your car for trade in, so it all depends if your dealer has a good used car business or not. it could cost $5000 + totally.

On the other hand you can get a nice set of wheels/ tires for $2000 rear spoiler for $400 ( I haven`t priced the spoiler). You could put in a nice leather interior for about $1250 (something my Sports don`t have and you may like}For less than $4000 and quite a bit less without the leather. Of course you won`t have paddle shifters (which I really wouldn`t of cared If our two cars had them or not). Plus you could sell of your stock wheels and tires for probably $1000+ to offset the price of new ones. Ebay sells tons. New wheels with the the right offsets can look very good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.