Loading songs on hard drive - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Go Back   Drive Accord Honda Forums > Honda Accord Main Forums > The 9th Generation

Drive Honda Accord Forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 03:36 AM
1st Gear

Loading songs on hard drive

Hi everyone! I bought a new accord for my wife and would like to put some of her favorite songs on the Nav's hard drive. I read that CDs automatically load on the hard drive but can you do it from thumb drive also.

Also, can any CD be loaded or does it have to be in the format of a factory CD. In other words, can I make a MP3 disc and load it onto the hard drive? Any help is appreciated!

Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 03:41 AM
4th Gear

have you tried playing songs off a USB thumb drive at all. If so, how was it?
Old 05-25-2013, 05:40 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbrower View Post
Hi everyone! I bought a new accord for my wife and would like to put some of her favorite songs on the Nav's hard drive. I read that CDs automatically load on the hard drive but can you do it from thumb drive also.

Also, can any CD be loaded or does it have to be in the format of a factory CD. In other words, can I make a MP3 disc and load it onto the hard drive? Any help is appreciated!

Mark
Can't load the HDD from USB - only CDs. If you have a USB or iPod, use that.

You can record non factory CDs but artist, title, cover art may not load correctly. So, you may end up with Custom Music CD as a title.

Previous:
2005 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe - Satin Silver Metallic / Black
1995 Accord EX-L Sedan - Granada Black Metallic / Gray
Old 05-25-2013, 06:26 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by unr1 View Post
have you tried playing songs off a USB thumb drive at all. If so, how was it?
It was excellent! This is how I would do it if the car was mine. However, the less my wife needs to do the better. She hates technology and I'm trying to make this as easy as I can. If she has to plug something in she probably won't use it. As long as she can find her country station and her "hair band" CDs she's happy! If she's happy, I'm happy

Mark
Old 05-26-2013, 12:32 PM
4th Gear

i tried mp3 CD and i wasn't able to transfer songs. I transferred songs by by CD-RW it worked but songs on HDD were showing no info like no file name, artist, album or anything

and I tried one different CD-R and it worked fine, showed all the info.
All Season Mats | Trunk Tray | Wheel Locks | Splash Guard | Pin Stripe (removed) |
TO DO: DeBadged | PlastiDip Rear H | Piant Calipers | Wrap Carbon Fiber Exterior and Interior Trim | Injen | Dual Exhaust | Rims |

2007 Acura TSX w/tech package - Flooded
2007 Honda Civic LX - Leased
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.