West Texas Road Trip - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-14-2008, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to Dallas_EX_Coupe
West Texas Road Trip

Here are a few shots of the Accord on the road from El Paso to Guadalupe Pass, in the pass, then on the town square in Albany TX.

Filled up in El Paso, drove up Hwy 62/180 through Guadalupe Pass, Carlsbad and Hobbs. Then cut due east into Texas on Hwy 180. Finally stopped for fuel in Snyder TX. Stayed within 5 mph of all posted speed limits, which meant I was at 75 mph most of the time. Wind was mild out of the NNW and I didn't have to use the A/C. The result was 33.8 mpg, which believe me, I double-checked. Driving on the backroads means next to no speed interruptions, so I was really able to hold steady. Oh, and the V6 purred up Guadalupe Pass - I was on the cell with a friend and he could hear the intake moan as she climbed on up. Sweeet!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01434.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	11741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01453.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	11742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01492.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	11743  

Mark '04 Accord EX V6 Coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TL-S A/S Bars,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Jeeps like to be muddy

Send a message via AIM to Accordtx1
Nice Road Trip!

2004 Ex-L (AT) Navi, 99K
Foglamps,TL-20mm Rear sway bar, Honda MP3 player,
Auto-dimming Mirror, V6-6speed Tower brace,
Parrot 3200 LS Bluetooth, Infinity Kappas 692.7i Rear, Infinity Kappas 50.7 Front
Navi 2.0 -> .5 goodwill from Honda

2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew - 10K
Tool box, Floorliners
[B]AVG MPG: 18.678[B]
post #3 of 7 Old 04-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Very cool. I've never been to west TX so my gal & I are planning a drive up the TexMex border. I want to see Alpine and the Davis mountain range among other things. Since we're already on the border, but at the bottom of the state, it seems sensible to just edge up the Rio Grande to see what we can see.
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
I'll meet you in El Paso if you make it that far

Looks like you killed a decent portion of the bug population! I thank you, but hope you can get those buggers off of the front of your car!
post #5 of 7 Old 04-14-2008, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Wink

You will find some awesome sights indeed. The area is fairly green right now since there has been so much rain this spring. I think it's Hwy 90 that winds along with the Rio Grande. Oh, if you end up on I-10 where the speed limit is 80 mph, be careful as they have stepped up patrols (DPS, local Sherriffs, etc.). I got popped for 90 in the 80 zone.

TL-S A/S Bars,

post #6 of 7 Old 04-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_EX_Coupe View Post
You will find some awesome sights indeed. The area is fairly green right now since there has been so much rain this spring. I think it's Hwy 90 that winds along with the Rio Grande. Oh, if you end up on I-10 where the speed limit is 80 mph, be careful as they have stepped up patrols (DPS, local Sherriffs, etc.). I got popped for 90 in the 80 zone.
(What he didn't tell us is that he was still in third gear )

Thanks for the tip. Where is that Sinclair station? It appears that it has been preserved for posterity.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-15-2008, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Smile

That pic is at the town square in Albany TX, Shackleford county. Here are a few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01489.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	11781   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01491.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	11782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01494.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	11783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01495.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	11784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc01496.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	11785  

TL-S A/S Bars,

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in