Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

LCD Screen Gone Dark

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Accordkid04 
#1 ·
I got a question for everybody on this forum, how many peopels LCD screen has gone blank, meaning that it doesnt illuminate???? That one screen that tells you the time, AC, CD info, and everthing else. Becasue mine messed up and i took it to a dealarship and they said $1200 :censored: to fix it cuz they have to replace to whole radio. I know 2 other people that this has happen to my friend and cousin, and the person i spoke with at the dealarship told me a lot more people have come in with the same problem, so how many people here have experienced it????

#3 ·
You too!?

Yeah, mine went out about three months ago. They have to replace the whole radio. Honda isn't recalling it because when the factory warranty runs out they don't want to pay for new radios. They are 924 bucks a piece after labor. Not to mention the A/C compressor went out the first week I got it. My rear brake assembly went out on me. The dealership said I was driving with the e-brake on. They tried to charge me 800 for it. I told them that anyone who knows the 7th gen accords knows that the beeper goes off if the brake is even slightly engaged. They told me I must be an aggresive driver, then I asked them why the front brake assembly was holding up fine. The stock Bridgestone Turanza's suck anyway, I wouldn't drive at high speeds on those if you paid me. I made them cover it on the warranty. I had a dog run out in front of me a month ago and it tore off my front bumper. On the positive side, I have not had the paint problem....yet. Although this post sounds highly negative, I love my Honda. It gets good gas mileage and runs strong. When I retire it from the life of daily driving I've got at T3/T4 hybrid turbo waiting to go on it. I'm having no luck with my baby but I love her just the same. Hopefully when I get it back this time, I won't have another problem. :dunno:

#6 ·
MOs03aKoRD said:
I know tht if ur under 36k miles honda will fix it cuz ur covered under warranty and im kind of over tht mark....50k so they really wont cover me on tht....but does anybody have any ideas on wat i can do cuz i dont wanna pull out $900 from my behind.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...ewItemQQcategoryZ38641QQitemZ8008431988QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...ewItemQQcategoryZ38641QQitemZ8009454818QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...ewItemQQcategoryZ38641QQitemZ8009097376QQrdZ1 <-- not worth it to me

More will popup.

Also go ask the dealer anyway, since these units have been problematic, Honda has been covering them even out of warranty. Some got them completely free, some got them for under $200...depends on your dealer/luck.

#7 ·
I would consider getting it repaired. Your would have around $170 in it, not to bad.

Anytime I need Honda stuff like this I call Woodfin salvage yard in Virginia. They are a Honda only salvage yard and will send you quality stuff that you won't have any problems with. Very good guys to work with.

They will probably charge a little more than the Ebay acutions but they will treat you right.

#8 ·
BenjiBoy650 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...ewItemQQcategoryZ38641QQitemZ8008431988QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...ewItemQQcategoryZ38641QQitemZ8009454818QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...ewItemQQcategoryZ38641QQitemZ8009097376QQrdZ1 <-- not worth it to me

More will popup.

Also go ask the dealer anyway, since these units have been problematic, Honda has been covering them even out of warranty. Some got them completely free, some got them for under $200...depends on your dealer/luck.
I wonder why they aren't giving you the antitheft code:

Theft Lock Codes:

If equipped and activated, it is your responsibility to obtain said code from dealer. Paperwork will be included to obtain from dealer. Sometimes, done as a courtesy, many dealers do charge for this service. The theft lock code is not always activated, though, but we cannot guarantee it.
So I'm wondering... if it's that easy to get a radio code from a dealer, then Honda's antitheft code security system is practically useless, no?

#9 ·
One more thing - is the radio lamp CCFL or incandescent bulb? If it's an incandescent bulb the repair isn't too hard to DIY. I've repaired quite a few pieces of radio equipment with burned out lamps. Bulbs are available from radioshack even...

Anyone got a diagram? Photos?

#10 ·
I thought there had to be a way to just fix it. I looked forever, but I found nothing. It comes down to either get another one or deal with a dead screen. If I was you I would just go aftermarket. That's what I'll do when the dealer starts charging me to change out radio's. :thmsup:

#15 ·
Accordkid04 said:
Yeah, mine went out about three months ago. They have to replace the whole radio. Honda isn't recalling it because when the factory warranty runs out they don't want to pay for new radios. They are 924 bucks a piece after labor. Not to mention the A/C compressor went out the first week I got it. My rear brake assembly went out on me. The dealership said I was driving with the e-brake on. They tried to charge me 800 for it. I told them that anyone who knows the 7th gen accords knows that the beeper goes off if the brake is even slightly engaged. They told me I must be an aggresive driver, then I asked them why the front brake assembly was holding up fine. The stock Bridgestone Turanza's suck anyway, I wouldn't drive at high speeds on those if you paid me. I made them cover it on the warranty. I had a dog run out in front of me a month ago and it tore off my front bumper. On the positive side, I have not had the paint problem....yet. Although this post sounds highly negative, I love my Honda. It gets good gas mileage and runs strong. When I retire it from the life of daily driving I've got at T3/T4 hybrid turbo waiting to go on it. I'm having no luck with my baby but I love her just the same. Hopefully when I get it back this time, I won't have another problem. :dunno:
Weird, Yours came with bridgestone? Mine came with Michelin Pilot MXV4's???

#16 ·
MOs03aKoRD said:
I got a question for everybody on this forum, how many peopels LCD screen has gone blank, meaning that it doesnt illuminate???? That one screen that tells you the time, AC, CD info, and everthing else. Becasue mine messed up and i took it to a dealarship and they said $1200 :censored: to fix it cuz they have to replace to whole radio. I know 2 other people that this has happen to my friend and cousin, and the person i spoke with at the dealarship told me a lot more people have come in with the same problem, so how many people here have experienced it????

Press the XM/CD button in and hold it until it beeps. See if that works!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.