RIM Bent [Pictures Included], Fix or Replace? - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Today, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

RIM Bent [Pictures Included], Fix or Replace?

Hi All,

So I went over a large pot hole a couple of weeks back. It was extremely bad got out immediately and checked and nothing seemed wrong so i just went my way carefully.

Lately I've been noticing that my steering wheel was a bit heavy and obviously recognized immediately that pothole totally ruined my alignment. so finally got some time and took it to Honda, I specifically asked them to look over my passenger side as I was worried that maybe its not just an alignment and something worse had happened (suspension damage possibly).

They came back to me and said the front and rear passenger side both the rims are bent. There is no air leaking but it needs to be replaced for $550 CAD (excluding tax) / each rim. I asked to look at it and apparently I'm not allowed in the back but they said it was bad and I shouldn't get it fixed.

I took out the rims myself today to see the damage and this is what I see, Front clearly a bit bend but from what they explained to me it was horrendous and clearly it is not AS BAD! granted i dont know much so this is where I need your help. Is this bad? would this need fixing/ or should I just suck it up and replace the rim totally? I've labeled it clearly which on is which but your input would be greatly appreciated.

As for the Rear one, I had to take a double look, i couldn't spot it at first but i do see something that doesn't seem right. I'm thinking of taking it to the RIM repair shop tomorrow but was hoping to reach out to you guys first to see if anybody had any experience.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ps: In-case, the photos won't load (its giving me problems), please see here under google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...8R?usp=sharing

Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Today, 01:40 PM
5th Gear

Garage
I think it's totally repairable. That's not great, but still relatively minor I think.

2010 Accord LX Sedan (125k)

Crosstour Gauge Cluster
Thule Aeroblade Roof Rack
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 + 2017 Hyundai SantaFe Sport Wheels
K&N Drop-in Filter
TL Non-SH-AWD RSB
OEM EX trim front shock tower brace
Koni FSD
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
RV6 Stuff
Ktuner

Coming soon:
OE deck lid spoiler

2018 Camry SE
Stock & will stay that way.
post #3 of 6 Old Today, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudouc View Post
I think it's totally repairable. That's not great, but still relatively minor I think.

same the way they said it was no we can't repair it it needs to be replaced asap kind of thing. I'm glad I took it out to check because i was seriously considering buying 2 new rims just for this....i think so too it doesnt look AS bad should be fixable.
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old Today, 05:01 PM
5th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirtaza View Post
same the way they said it was no we can't repair it it needs to be replaced asap kind of thing. I'm glad I took it out to check because i was seriously considering buying 2 new rims just for this....i think so too it doesnt look AS bad should be fixable.
I had a steel rim that was bent way worse that in your pictures and I still drove on it for over 5000 miles before buying a new one.

I'm not suggesting that you do this, you should still fix it ASAP. Since I'm pretty sure that that one bent rim f up the tire that was on there slightly. Since the tires were transferred onto my 16in alloys that are perfect in roundness, but still caused minor vibration (even after multiple, including road force balance). My 17in wheels are also perfect in roundness, and the tires mounted on those wheels are brand new, and they have no vibration even with just the basic balancing.

2010 Accord LX Sedan (125k)

Crosstour Gauge Cluster
Thule Aeroblade Roof Rack
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 + 2017 Hyundai SantaFe Sport Wheels
K&N Drop-in Filter
TL Non-SH-AWD RSB
OEM EX trim front shock tower brace
Koni FSD
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
RV6 Stuff
Ktuner

Coming soon:
OE deck lid spoiler

2018 Camry SE
Stock & will stay that way.
post #5 of 6 Old Today, 05:09 PM
Honda Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirtaza View Post
They came back to me and said the front and rear passenger side both the rims are bent. There is no air leaking but it needs to be replaced for $550 CAD (excluding tax) / each rim. I asked to look at it and apparently I'm not allowed in the back but they said it was bad and I shouldn't get it fixed.
Find a new dealer. I understand insurance regulations, but I have never had a shop (dealer or independent) describe an issue and not allow me into the bay to show said issue. I would have walked right out there to my vehicle to see what they were talking about.

On the topic, those wheels can be fixed.

DARKART

CR3 Sport
Crystal Black Pearl
K24W1 Earth Dreams/6MT
If it's Mugen, it's worth it.
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 06:33 PM
CVT

The bend is very repairable....you can probably get the wheel fixed for less than $175.00

2017 Accord Coupe | Touring | MSM
Advertisement

Tags
bent, fix, honda, repair, rims

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in