New Accord Owner - Are any performance mods I can do? - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-31-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

New Accord Owner - Are any performance mods I can do?

Hello, I am in the process of purchasing a 2014 Accord Sport. It is the 2.4L, 4-cylinder, CVT version. I am wondering if there are any performance mods I can do on it. I am a total beginner when it comes to car mods and stuff but I would like to learn.

So if anyone has recommendations or advice, I am all ears.

Note: I travel in Maine and upstate New York so lowering will probable not be a good idea with the road conditions.

Hello, I am in the process of purchasing a 2014 Accord Sport. It is the 2.4L, 4-cylinder, CVT version. I am wondering if there are any performance mods I can do on it. I am a total beginner when it comes to car mods and stuff but I would like to learn.

Note: I travel in Maine and upstate New York so lowering will probable not be a good idea with the road conditions.

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-31-2019, 07:20 PM
Out of Control

Garage
First I'd worry about routine maintenance, then performance mods.

Welcome to the site.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my car's thread
post #3 of 7 Old 04-03-2019, 07:09 AM
1st Gear

So I drive a 2017 Accord Sedan 2.4 6MT. I have a Takeda Cat Back Exhaust, with an RV6 downpipe as well with an AEM Cold Air Intake and to bring it all together I have the Ktuner V2 with a custom tune from National Speed in Richmond. I just got it on the Dyno last Friday and it came out with 198.41 WHP. Depending on your budget you can do what I have done or you could do more or less. So it is really up to you, however I will say this, if you plan on doing modifications then you definitely need Ktuner and should one day get it professionally tuned. It makes a 100% night and day difference with the vehicle. This is the first car I have ever modded being 24 years old and let me tell you it is worth every penny I have saved up so that I could make it happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to CFC10 For This Useful Post:
Helix (04-03-2019)
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-03-2019, 10:14 AM
5th Gear

@Helix...take the time to read posts in the PERFORMANCE subsection of this forum. This very question is asked on a regular basis. Not surprisingly, the answers are all the same. As a matter of fact, someone posted on 04/012019 in a thread that asked the same question that you did.

https://www.driveaccord.net/forums/2...16-accord.html

2013 Sedan EX-L V6 with Nav, 6 speed Auto trans.
The Following User Says Thank You to cookieman214 For This Useful Post:
Helix (04-03-2019)
post #5 of 7 Old Today, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post

Sure, you can spend money doing the RV6 PCD (Pre-cat delete) and a CAI (cold air intake) and a CBE (cat back exhaust) and a pro tune. (Dyno tune or e-Tune) You'll see those acronyms a lot on car forums, just spelling them out since you said you're new to all this.

However, the best performance mod is a manual transmission as even after all those mods and a couple thousand dollars later you'll still likely be disappointed with the performance or lack thereof because of the CVT.
post #6 of 7 Old Today, 05:07 PM
Honda Enthusiast

Performance? Not really. You could do what CFC10 did and get 198hp, but you'll be limited with the CVT.

Suspension? Absolutely. Get a nice set of coilovers, upgrade the sway bar, get some better wheels and tires, etc. That will be the best thing to do with your car.

DARKART

CR3 Sport
Crystal Black Pearl
K24W1 Earth Dreams/6MT
If it's Mugen, it's worth it.
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 09:09 PM
1st Gear

If you wanted performance, you would sell that and buy a V6.

I would argue that the stock accord right height is like an SUV.
*I drive a lowered accord in a rural city, just drive carefully.

Coilovers and tires are basically my advice to anyone.

2016 Accord Coupe Touring 65K miles (current)
Deep Blue Opal Metallic
-HFP front, sides, rear, decklid
-Amr Engineering coilovers w/swift springs
-245/40r19 Michelins

2009 Accord LX 120K miles (sold)
1998 Accord EX 250K miles (sold)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in