Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Is Anyone Actually Happy With Their Accord?

56K views 197 replies 118 participants last post by  stylett9 
#1 ·
So I'm looking into getting a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T CDN model. Reading this forum you would think everyone has problems with the car. So instead of hearing only from people with problems who tend to be more vocal, I would love to hear from those of you that have not had issues and actually like your new car. How long have you had it and what model/engine do you have?

#4 ·
2.0T EX-L. I have had for 2 1/2 months. No issues or regrets. The hood does vibrate quite a bit in the 2.0T but I don't see this as a problem.

My wish list after owning:

1.) The MICHELIN PRIMACY MXM4 as the OEM tire like they have on the 19 inch models rather than the ENERGY SAVER A/S.

2.) A better subwoofer for the premium audio system.

3.) A larger fuel tank for city driving.

4.) A tighter turning radius.

Otherwise I love everything about this car. There are some quirks that you only appreciate if you owned a previous generation.

#5 ·
I have the 2.0 Touring....and....I.....

LOVE IT.

I have had it about 6 weeks now, put 3500 miles on it. It’s a wonderful vehicle. I have had zero issues. Zero rattles or noises. I am a heavy highway driver and get 34 on the highway consistently.

The car is fast, dangerously fast. It’s incredibly fun to drive aggressively with all its low end torque. It pulls hard in sport mode. It’s a blast. All while being able to put it in eco mode and get good mpg on the highway.

The safety sense ACC cruise control works incredibly well and is amazing for such a heavy highway driver as my self....it really feels one step away from a self driving car. It’s so smooth and quite on the highway as well.

Only thing I have to complain about is the dip stick is light orange and is difficult to tell the oil level with the new light colored oils these days.

I drive a ton of miles a month (highway) and then park an idol a lot as part of my job. I have only been using shell vpower 93 Because I want the added detergents because I will likely put 30,000+ miles on it this year.

I just changed the oil to Pennzoil Platinum, it runs much better than the factory oil FYI.

I am very glad I bought my accord...I just hope it can hold up to my high mileage abuse.

#8 ·
I’m happy enough. The sport seats are a little too stiff for me, but not unbearable. There are a few buzzes that I haven’t went to the dealership for yet until they are more consistent. I do wish there was a way to turn the infotainment screen off and just show the clock. I think the collision detection is useless. I’ve had the brake light go off and then beep sometimes, but it’s never actually stopped the car. Beyond that, it’s a good enough car. Once my lease is up, I won’t be keeping it however.

#9 ·
I’m happy enough. The sport seats are a little too stiff for me, but not unbearable. There are a few buzzes that I haven’t went to the dealership for yet until they are more consistent. I do wish there was a way to turn the infotainment screen off and just show the clock. I think the collision detection is useless. I’ve had the brake light go off and then beep sometimes, but it’s never actually stopped the car. Beyond that, it’s a good enough car. Once my lease is up, I won’t be keeping it however.
I've had the collision detection system apply brakes yesterday. I was following a car pretty close and it was turning right. I, of course, knew it was going to be out of my way by the time I reached it, but the collision detection system didn't, so the warning started beeping and the car applied brakes (fairly gently, but immediately). I didn't need it on that occasion, but it felt nice knowing it was looking out for me.

#10 ·
As those above reported I am more than pleased with my 2.0 Sport 10 speed. Handling, power, comfort, gas mileage, etc. All with Honda build quality and reliability. The exterior and interior design, while not unique, plus all the above lead me to refer to it as my affordable Audi. I did change to 18” wheels to improve the ride, acceleration, braking, handling, and gas mileage. Lost some bling. Anyone want my 19” wheels?

#88 · (Edited by Moderator)
What tire size did you have to get for the 18" wheels?

What size tires do you need to get with the 18" wheels?

I have a 2018 Touring and the wheels stick out farther than the tires and my wife has put road rash on all of them and wants me to buy some wheels that are recessed. I also don't care for look of the 19" wheels as would prefer the look of a smaller wheel to tire ratio. Anyway, what 18" wheels will fit the 2018 Accord and what tire size (aspect ratio) will I need to get in the 18" wheel?

#11 ·
2.0T 6MT here. 6 weeks, 1500 miles, absolutely love it.

Driving is a blast now. Love the manual tranny, I don't care about the rev hang or higher catch point (neither of which are as bad as people say) or anything else people cry about on here - you adapt and learn a new car's feel and behavior and it becomes natural and a non-issue after a while. Just drive and have fun!

Broke 'er in for the prescribed 600 miles, kept under 4k rpm's (my preference), everything is fine. Infotainment, interior, performance, comfort, it's all there for me. I've seen 6 Accords on the road since ownership and 1 new Camry for what it's worth.

#12 ·
Add me to the list of satisfied customers. Historically, I'm a jinx when it comes to electronics (one time, at work, I crashed 4 PCs in a row just by trying to log on), and yes, the GPS does get confused sometimes (I find it amusing), but overall, I'm happy as ever with our 2.0T Touring.

I think, on a forum like this, it's good to share problems, annoyances and concerns, but I also think the goodness and value of the car can get drowned out.

Thanks,

Harvey

#13 ·
Totally happy with my purchase.
10 weeks
3,000 miles

No problems with the infotainment system, no rattles, engine and transmission are smooth. Steering and handling are very good. I really like space in the new Accord as well as the interior quality & design.

My only real complaints are the flutter from the aluminum hood, and the fit of the exterior body panels could be a bit better, but both of these complaints are just cosmetic.

#15 ·
I’ve had my 2.0 Touring for 3 weeks, 1,000 miles and couldn’t be happier. Everything works perfectly. The lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control make highway driving much easier. It’s quiet, has a lot of space, handles great and has a lot of power.

I did have the hood repositioned because it wasn’t quite straight. Other than that, no problems so far, I think it’s a really nice car.

#16 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Makes me feel a lot better about this car. Seeing a boatload of new Accords in the Greater Toronto area lately and surprisingly the rear tail lights which I first hated, are starting to really grow on me. The whole car has a clean elegant look to it.

#19 ·
I have to chime in about my 18 Accord, as I have the 2.0T Touring trim. Everything about this car I absolutely love, from its performance all the way to its design, ride, and interior electronics! Bought mine in January and now it has 2267 miles as of today, 70% oil life according to Hondalink. Really don't think you can go wrong with any trim levels, the amount of standard tech that is included in this car just elevates it to another class. The interfaces are all designed well and intuitive in my use.

Coming from a compact class with a 6 speed manual, I can't say enough good things about the 2.0T and the 10 speed transmission. Driven manuals all my life, and this is the first time I've actually enjoyed driving an auto so much. I really recommend this engine and its transmission pairing, I did not even consider the 1.5T and the CVT. Power delivery is amazing, and the car is deceptively quick. The programming is excellent, in normal mode, it'll even smoothly let you do engine braking (6th to 4th, double tapped on paddles) to slow the car down with satisfactory rev matched down shifts. That was the main selling point for me, as I think Honda made a winner and wanted a seemless experience with the adaptive cruise control, which is amazing. Sport mode makes the car take on a completely different character with a true manual mode and the programming is even better.

I have had no problems with the car, mine is still very solid. Only thing that was a minor annoyance was this ticking sound coming from the passenger B-pillar, so I found the source and fixed that. See my post in the thread http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/6472282-post36.html. Other than that, my hood, dash, overall fit & finish, are excellent, with no other squeaks or rattles. The electronics have been very reliable for me with no gremlins on a day to day use. I may have had the headunit glitch up and restart itself only like two times since owning the car. The Touring trim reminds me of driving a much more expensive car with its adaptive suspension without the luxury badge which is exactly what I wanted, and I've even debadged mine for that super clean look in the rear and for ease in weekly detailing.

Handling for this car is excellent as well given how large this car is. To me, it drives like a smaller car. However the turning radius and sound system could be better, but given all the other attributes of the car, I really can't complain! I initially hated the rear end of the car too, but it's actually growing on me with its design. But it doesn't matter as most of the time I'll be on the inside enjoying all the interior aesthetics and performance of the car. :grin I love the aggressive front and especially the side profile which screams Audi. You can't go wrong with the 2.0T Sport either, definitely put this car on your list!

#17 ·
2.0T EX-L. I have had for 1 WEEK. No issues, it is though quite long and wider than what I'm used to.

I want:

1.) A better subwoofer for the premium audio system. (I'm getting a underseat 8" enclosed woofer installed next week)

2.) Better bolstering I slide side to side during turns. I got a back support to help with that.

I think:

1.) Quite a fast car 100hp more than what I had before I love the torque and 10 speed auto.

2.) I get some torque steering when punching it

3.) Love the quiet and established ride

4.) Love the interior really spacious and love the grey leather

5.) Love apple carplay and the infotainment system as I'm quite peculiar on that stuff

#20 ·
Bought the 2.0 sport with the auto trans. Currently 2000 kms.

What first sold me was the exterior, no exaggerated swoopy lines or overstated sharp creases that seem prevalent in many new models. The interior perfectly matches the exterior, Honda designers nailed it. Then there’s the 2.0 engine and handling, whoa, incredible.

You will not regret

#21 ·
2.0 EXL here with about 2000 miles. Most refined Accord I have ever had. I have had a couple before this as you can see below. Only thing I dislike is the premium radio as many others have said it has no low end bass what so ever. Your on a forum in general and most will report problems here. That's the nature of the forum.

#22 ·
Love the car, absolutely love it...don't like Honda's response to the brake pedal click/clunk issue

#23 ·
Love my 2.0T Sport with the 6MT!

Pros:
- Driving is fun again (coming from a Prius).
- Infotainment is light years ahead of my wife's 2017 Accord EX-L

Only complaints so far:
- I have the brake pedal click - I fully expect that there will be a TSB/recall for it at some point in the future and I will get it taken care of then
- Rev hang makes aggressive/spirited driving shifting tricky
- Hood flutter - minor annoyance
- Sound quality of the stereo is 'meh' - might do some upgrades in the future
- Wish it had homelink and the auto-dimming mirror as standard. I will be buying this as an accessory at some point.

#24 ·
2.0 Sport 6-Speed Manual Transmission

I’ve only owned this car for 2 weeks now but I have to say it’s the best car I’ve ever owned. The power of the car is impressive. Going from my Camry SE to this was the right decision. I love the design the infotainment and especially Apple CarPlay. Fuel economy isn’t as good as my Camry was but that’s probably more of my fault for getting reacquainted with the Manual transmission after not driving it for years. Only negative I have about the car is the sound system isn’t the greatest not bad but could be better and also the size of the tank. I do drive a lot and wish I could go longer without a refill. Besides that I highly recommend it. You’ll love it too!

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
2.0T Sport Auto for me. I like the car for what it is, but it's not without shortcomings. I'm coming from a 380whp BMW 335i, so this car definitely doesn't feel 'fast' to me, but it's quick enough for everyday traffic. What drew me to the car is Honda reliability and it's ability to make the slog through LA traffic much easier on the driver. When you have a BMW, you are constantly worried about the next repair bill. My 335i was fast and had all the luxury I could ask for, but at 90k+ miles it was starting to consume oil on a regular basis, and a $15k engine replacement isn't my idea of a good time. I love the Accord for it's tech features like ACC, which allows me to sit back and relax in LA traffic. It really does provide a degree of stress relief that I didn't know I was missing until I had the chance to experience it. That and knowing that I've got a new Honda with a warranty has brought my overall stress level from driving to a minimum. Like most of us on here, there are some things that could use improving:

1. The stereo needs some MAJOR improvements. I had the Harmon Kardon system in my BMW and the Honda stereo is plain awful.
2. While I recognize that this car is not meant to be a sports car, I do wish it had a bit more sport when I want it. The transmission is a little slow to shift when you compare it to some of the other 'sport' based autos out there and I'm sure I will be looking hard at fitting a Civic Type R turbo, intercooler, DP and tune for a little more grunt. I'd also like an LSD and some suspension mods to round out the package.
3. Looks are subjective, and while the car is growing on me, there are certain angles that just don't look good to me. The front 3/4 view and the rear tail lights come to mind.
4. Fix the (REMOVED BY MODERATOR FOR SWEARING)

#27 ·
I have 1000 miles on my touring 2.0 and i love it.

It had exactly the right mix of features i was looking for for the price. For the first time in my life i look forward to driving my car. I can have fun with it, but i can also fit 2 car seats in the back and pick up my kids from school.

Would i have designed some things differently if i were the engineer in charge of the redesign? Of course. But I can say the same thing about every other product on the market.

#30 ·
I have had mine for two days, so obviously im a rookie here, but here are my initial impressions:

1. Looks great! Some angles are meh, but overall I love the sportback design. I like the look much better than prior years.
2. Drives great! Deceptive speed, always looking at HUD and thinking oops need to slow down! However, have noticed some jerkiness in transmission after a cold start, but probably needs to be broken in.
3. Exterior looks premium, getting the black grille will also help with making the car look more sporty.
4. Interior is a great place to be and drive. Looks great, feels great, everything works (so far).
5. Turning radius is not as good compared to other vehicles I have owned/driven.
6. BT audio and stereo audio are below average and probably my biggest concern. BT calls do not sound clear at all (I think its because the sound is only coming from the speakers right behind/around the infotainment screen). Audio is lacking, however with some setting changes it is better.

It's a great car and at an affordable price point. It has a plethora of standard features that are options on other brands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.