Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Born On/Build Date & Issues You Have/Had...

3K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  82801BA 
#1 ·
I'm curious to know when we think the first-year issues were more resolved. I just bought a new 2018 EX-L 2.0 and it was 'born on' March, 2018.

I didn't think to ask for one that was manufactured later, like October 2018 or something like that.

I'm only at 300 miles and no issues so far.

#2 ·
My Sport 2.0 10AT has a build date of 10/18 and have not experienced any issues thus far. There is a very mild hood flutter that, if not for being pointed out on this forum, would not even have been noticed to be honest. Dash is quiet and sensing has been great with no noted hiccups thus far. Apple Car Play works great with no connection issues. Time will certainly tell if all this holds up, but so far so good.

#4 ·
Mine is April 18 and I have had it for 3500 miles. No issues. One side of the hood is a little off, like a hair, up near the windshield. Only observable from the driver's seat, and someone like my wife would never notice. So I am not even going down the road of complaining about it because other than that all the other lines are perfect and the paint looks great.

#7 ·
12/17 Sport 2.0T
15000 miles
Issues:

Hood flutter*since brand new
Hood gap on driver's side much larger than passengers, feels like hood hot closed
Both rear doors sit higher than front doors but about 0.03" (verified by chrome, black stripe, and lower hap to body)
Sensing lane keeping wanders left and right on perfectly straight and smooth interstate as soon as "Steering Required" shows up and eventually moves out of the lane*since brand new
Vibration at idle with AC on*since brand new
Rough shift to second and third gear, sometimes jolt when shifting to 4th

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#13 ·
1.5 Sport. 2/18 build date and I got it in March. 17,700 miles. I have two rattles. One is in the rear deck that happens if I'm on rough pavement and the other is in the center deck behind the infotainment unit. At least that's where I hear it. But they are too inconsistent to take to the dealer. I don't have any hood alignment or body gap issues. I have the hood flutter, but it's not enough for me to care about. My wife's 2017 Forester has much worse hood flutter. I think Honda Senseless is useful most of the time, but inferior to EyeSight. However that's not a build quality issue, just my opinion.

#14 ·
9/18 Hybrid Touring 3500 miles

No recalls that I've been told about so I think the backup camera issue must have been addressed by the time mine was built

HUD squeak which the dealer fixed once by putting some foam in between the display and plastic but it is back a few thousand miles later
The infotainment system reboots at least once a week
A few false alarms with the ACC thinking something was in front of me and applying the brakes, once rather hard when nothing was there (luckily it didn't cause an issue with other cars behind me)

#15 ·
9/18 build date, 2018 Accord Hybrid Touring, around 1,800 miles.

No issues at all, so far. It's possible that I might encounter a bit of vibration/buzzing if I crank the stereo way up, but it has been fine so far...

Actually, I've already had some body work done, due to someone backing into our car in a parking lot. Nothing to do with Honda, of course. It took a small amount of paint off of the rear bumper, and pushed a reflector in. My insurance agent assured me that there would be no effect on my rate, as the incident was a "hit and run". So, I just paid my $500 deductible, and insurance covered the rest of the $1100 total repair bill.... So our car is back to looking brand new. (The body shop did a good job with the three-stage paint process, in White Orchid Pearl, and the re-painted bumper looks just like new.)

It made me think that a good feature for future consideration would be to have the parked car do a quick horn honk if the parking sensors detected something ELSE coming too close to the car (within maybe a foot). Maybe this would prevent people from backing into the car when parked.... I suppose this might also be annoying at times, to others....

#16 ·
200 Miles. 2018 Accord Touring. Born 6/18.

Issues:
1) Passenger Front Door Handle had chrome bubbling. Looked like impact damage but I dont think it was. Second car at that dealer with the issue. New handle installed.
2) TPMS tires at 25 PSI with no warning until right front went flat. Tire damaged and had to be replaced.
3) Window molding on Passenger front door folded in.
4) No Washer fluid
5) Rear deck buzzing when music with base played. Dealer added felt tape seems to be gone (funny thing, the rental they put me in was also buzzing so this has to be a common issue).

Dislikes
a) When automatic sport mode is engaged, the car will not shift to the highest fake gear (7), which drops the RPM. So, if I end up on the highway I have to shut off Sport Mode to get good fuel efficiency.
b) No easy way to determine if the navigation needs to be updated.
c) No trunk handle

#19 ·
11/2018 build date (2019 model year): Few minor issues (if they can even be called that): occasional hood fluttering (known to happen with 10th gen), panel gaps (known as well), driver's power seat motor that is noisy/slow when powering the bottom seat straight up (I'm kind of on heavier side) and that's about it really. I have some discoloration on the air bag cover but dealer will replace it soon. That's it really, a lot of this is nitpicking. The main thing is that the 2.0T is amazing to drive and I have zero regrets going with the 6 speed manual. Once that 2nd gear rush hits....it's orgasmic.

#20 ·
^This information is in your owner's manual.
Owners Manual for | Honda | Honda Owners
Page# 497 explains TPMS
Page# 638 explains how to check and maintain tires

"At least once a month or before long trips, use a gauge to measure the pressure in all tires, including the spare. Even tires in good condition can lose 1–2 psi (10–20 kPa, 0.1–0.2 kgf/cm2) per month"

There are quite a few people who are happy that Honda did away with individual sensors in each wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.