clunk from park to reverse - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-15-2019, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

clunk from park to reverse

Hello,

Recently I noticed that my car makes an audible clunking noise and the car will shutter harder than normal when i shift from park to reverse. shifting to drive or shifting to reverse from drive does not make any noises and has a slight but not concerning shutter as i feel the gears changing. i'm slightly concerned that there could be an issue with the transmission but i wanted to check with others to see if they experience this too or if its normal. I have a 2.0T/10AT. I always come to a stop before changing gears if I am backing up for instance. But there are times where after I shift to drive and take my foot off the brake, the car will roll backwards a little and I'll slowly push the gas to counter the back roll and go forward. I know this probably isn't the best thing to do but I didn't think that would really do anything but maybe it did.

Thoughts from anyone?

Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-15-2019, 08:03 AM
3rd Gear

I've found that especially if the engine is cold and the idle speed is up, that park to reverse can be a little on the forceful side and also reverse will "creep" a bit faster than i'd like (speed while reversing without applying any throttle) but have not had any issues in over 17k miles, I think its just a quirk of the vehicle.

Once the engine is up to temp and the idle speed is down, it behaves as one would expect it to.

2018 Honda Accord Sport
2.0T/10AT
Platinum White Pearl
post #3 of 3 Old 05-15-2019, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

This was happening after I had been driving the car for about 40 minutes so it was warm.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in