Can a 10 band DSP fix the audio? - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-12-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Can a 10 band DSP fix the audio?

So I'm giving up on the AXXESS DSP, it's just garbage..

I've been looking at the Dayton audio 10 band DSP, has anyone used a 10 band on the stock deck?

I had to make very drastic adjustments on the AXXESS to get a flat EQ measurement on my RTA, so I'm worried 10 band might not be enough.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-14-2019, 04:58 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner850 View Post
So I'm giving up on the AXXESS DSP, it's just garbage..

I've been looking at the Dayton audio 10 band DSP, has anyone used a 10 band on the stock deck?

I had to make very drastic adjustments on the AXXESS to get a flat EQ measurement on my RTA, so I'm worried 10 band might not be enough.

Which model/head unit do you have? I thought the output was rather flat just had factory crossover points. I will be starting soon my attempt on a sport 2.0(with the 8 speaker setup), I plan on using Audiocontrol D-4.800 amp with the built in DSP. Hopefully I can get a good reading on a RTA of the front & rear speaker output frequency response, I don't think it's been shared in detail on this forum.

post #3 of 6 Old 04-14-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvtecaccord View Post
Which model/head unit do you have? I thought the output was rather flat just had factory crossover points. I will be starting soon my attempt on a sport 2.0(with the 8 speaker setup), I plan on using Audiocontrol D-4.800 amp with the built in DSP. Hopefully I can get a good reading on a RTA of the front & rear speaker output frequency response, I don't think it's been shared in detail on this forum.
I'm using the stock head unit, I have the AXXESS t harness sending the head unit signal to the axxess DSP, then from the DSP to a Rockford fosgate 400 watt 4-channel amplifier

from the amplifier I am spliced back into the t harness to the factory speaker wiring.

With four jl audio c2-650 speakers I had to make the following adjustments to get a flat EQ, using a Dayton audio RTA and true RTA on my laptop.

So this is what my RTA sees without any adjustment to the DSP (just using AudioTools for this post), as you can see the highs are WAY too intense, melts my ears

So after a little bit of tuning with the crappy AXXESS app, seriously it sometimes doesnt even adjust unless you move the sliders a second time. But this is with the adjustment shown on the first images

Also, if anyone is interested in adding a DSP or amp. There is PLENTY of room under the cup holders for the Rockford Fosgate T400X4AD + a small DSP

Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 12:48 PM
2nd Gear

That is some crazy adjustments you had to make just to make it somewhat flat! Have you tried just measuring the speaker out to a RTA(to take the speakers, reflections, etc. out of the equation)?
post #5 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvtecaccord View Post
That is some crazy adjustments you had to make just to make it somewhat flat! Have you tried just measuring the speaker out to a RTA(to take the speakers, reflections, etc. out of the equation)?
Humm, I haven't. I'm in no way an audio pro, just following YouTube videos and spending way too much money.

I have a Dayton Audio DSP coming this week I'm going to try it out.

post #6 of 6 Old Today, 12:52 PM
4th Gear

The front is heavily EQ'd to compensate for missing information between 3kHz to 10kHz hence you get all the harshness when you swap speaker. Stock non-premium tweeter uses 6dB/octave and no crossover on woofer. The rear is flat but rolls off earlier and with lower output.

I am targeting the system by bringing rear to the front and left front speaker to center. Fade all the way to rear and it sounds completely different than front output. DSP also should worker easier if only frequency input below 80 needs to be corrected then any other EQ are used for correcting other frequencies.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in