10th Gen Lowering suspension/springs thread - Page 12 - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 46Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #166 of 172 Unread 04-14-2019, 06:41 AM
2nd Gear

AMR Engineering Coilovers

For anybody that knows who AMR is they have released there 10th gen coilover system. I cant even explain how great AMR is. It's a system you need to install and drive with to understand what you are getting and paying for. Since there induction over 9 years ago they have never had a blown damper come back and after owning 2 previous sets on a 91 civic and a rsx I will be purchasing soon with camber plates. As all there coilovers they are built to order according to your wants and needs and various spring rates you can choose from hyperco springs are standard or you can upgrade to Swift springs. Full custom and built in USA

Last edited by namegoeshere; Today at 12:20 PM.
Advertisement

post #167 of 172 Unread 04-14-2019, 07:01 AM
4th Gear

Those look sweet. After adding a RSB I am pretty happy with the daily driver mine is.

2018 1.5T Sport CVT White Pearl - 11k miles
PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Copper Wheels
Progress RSB
post #168 of 172 Unread 04-14-2019, 08:42 AM
1st Gear

I have nothing but good things to say about AMR as well.
I installed my AMR coilovers with Swift springs on my 2016 Accord touring coupe at 65K miles and they have only exceeded the stock ride comfort of my car.
I dropped my car about 1.5-2" all around and they have extremely comfortable. The 8 way damping makes a huge difference with each click, I am running 3/8 in the front and 4/8 in the rear.
Initially I was concerned about the "special" touring dampers my car was equipped with, but I have already junked those parts and do not plan on going back.

Anyone that owns a 10th gen touring might require an ADS bypass module or it could trip the sensor.
Advertisement

post #169 of 172 Unread 04-14-2019, 09:16 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Those look sweet. After adding a RSB I am pretty happy with the daily driver mine is.
Which RSB did you go with? Thinking of getting the progress bar
post #170 of 172 Unread 04-14-2019, 02:31 PM
2018 2.0T EX-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Pierson

Any more updates on the KSports? I was looking at coilovers yesterday, and these hit my radar. $850 seems reasonable. This is a daily driver, so not looking for crazy adjustments, just looking for a better ride height/better handling. Is a camber kit necessary? How'd they settle in? Would you recommend them?
So 6 month review of the k-Sports: mediocre/poor.

Pros:
great adjustability in ride height. Front camber adjustment ok.

Cons:
No way to adjust toe with camber. The more aggressive the camber the more the toe goes inwards. Creates horrible high speed steering issues.
Front sway bar will rub on control arm if too low.
Front Dampeners started leaking about 5 months in.
Toe/camber problem leads to tire wear issues. Expect a set of tires to last 6 months tops. Wear will be uneven side to side. Rotation not possible.
Rear camber kit a must. Toe is also bad in rear, not much adjustment possible.

I’ve reverted back to stock, two different shops I went to couldn’t get the toe issues fixed without putting the camber back to 0/-.5.
Brian Pierson likes this.
post #171 of 172 Unread Today, 05:58 AM
BriGuy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75071K20 View Post

Pros:

Cons:
No way to adjust toe with camber. The more aggressive the camber the more the toe goes inwards. Creates horrible high speed steering issues.
Toe/camber problem leads to tire wear issues. Expect a set of tires to last 6 months tops. Wear will be uneven side to side. Rotation not possible.

Iíve reverted back to stock, two different shops I went to couldnít get the toe issues fixed without putting the camber back to 0/-.5.
Wow thanks for the insight. I will stay away. Are you going for another set of coilovers from another company? Interested to see what works well with our cars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still Night Pearl - 6MT

HONDATA Stage 2
post #172 of 172 Unread Today, 12:09 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Pierson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75071K20 View Post

Pros:

Cons:

I’ve reverted back to stock, two different shops I went to couldn’t get the toe issues fixed without putting the camber back to 0/-.5.
Wow thanks for the insight. I will stay away. Are you going for another set of coilovers from another company? Interested to see what works well with our cars.

AMR Engineering.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in