Tire/wheel damage question for the more experienced than myself. - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-19-2019, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Tire/wheel damage question for the more experienced than myself.

Hi. 2018 1.5 sport.

Car was at dealership for 2 days to get defective seat buckle fixed. Found significant grind on edge/lip of wheel that I am 99% sure wasn’t there before. However, no visible marks/damage on that spot on tire. Is this possible? Wouldn’t I see damage or at least “smudge” on tire right there?

Thank you. Don’t see simple way to post pic. Am I being obtuse? Lol.

Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-19-2019, 07:26 AM
2006 Accord EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman5000 View Post
Hi. 2018 1.5 sport.

Car was at dealership for 2 days to get defective seat buckle fixed. Found significant grind on edge/lip of wheel that I am 99% sure wasn’t there before. However, no visible marks/damage on that spot on tire. Is this possible? Wouldn’t I see damage or at least “smudge” on tire right there?
Sure, it's possible...not really probable. But the bigger issue is, of course, proving that it wasn't there before you brought the car in...
Can you prove that??

2006 Accord EX 2.4L Coupe...189k and counting..
post #3 of 4 Old 04-19-2019, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Exactly. They are reviewing the tape now but I don’t expect much. Fortunately I see plenty of oem’s on the market. I really do wish I could just drive it and not be so obsessive
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-20-2019, 10:37 AM
3rd Gear

Walk the car with the service person any time you deliver a car for service. Otherwise, that can damage the car and you have ZERO recourse.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in