2018 LX Color LCD screen - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-02-2019, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

2018 LX Color LCD screen

Hello all. So I just got a 2018 LX (I had to go bare bones...another story) and I have to "suffer" with the poor color LCD thing instead of the touchscreen display. Is this thing so bare bones that it won't even display the audio track playing? Does it just sit at the trip mileage screen all the time?

Last edited by namegoeshere; 04-02-2019 at 06:27 AM. Reason: word
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-09-2019, 06:18 PM
1st Gear

2018 LX Color LCD Screen Options

I don't have this car... yet, but found the answer in the user manual, page 248. You have 4 display options: Audio, Trip Computer (current drive), Trip Computer (History of Trip A), and Clock/Wallpaper. To choose which display is active Press the Menu/Clock button, rotate to Settings and select, rotate to Display Change and select, then choose which display you want.

Could you answer a question I was wondering about? When the display is showing the trip computer, when you press an audio button (presets, source, etc.) does the display momentarily switch to audio information? Thanks!

post #3 of 7 Old 04-09-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks! I did find that and it is much better now. I will check on this tomorrow and let you know.
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-10-2019, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

north46,
When the display is in either trip mode it does not momentarily change to show audio changes but the audio information momentarily pops up at the very top of the screen when you make any audio changes. It works for me.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-10-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Yes, that is what I see as well.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-11-2019, 09:39 AM
1st Gear

That sounds good to me, thank you for sharing the information. Are there any other thoughts or comments on the 7" audio display that someone would like to share? There is not a lot of information out there. Any surprises to the positive or negative?

I have a hybrid base model on order and thought the display was probably the biggest sacrifice when choosing that trim level, otherwise I thought the car is equipped pretty well.
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Yes, to me that is the far and away biggest sacrifice. I had a Civic EX and I honestly can live without the moonroof, which is the other big thing missing. I am still getting used to not having the auto-lock feature so I have to remember to lock my doors .
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in