DIY: 6 speed manual transmission fluid change - video - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 24 Old 05-17-2010, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaracer4vtec View Post

NICE VID HITMAN!!

for those of you who dont have jack stands, you can actually do this without lifting the car up from the floor at all. (did it twice without lifting already )
Wow man...I'm impressed. I have the HFP suspension. I'm a thin dude, but I don't think I could crawl under there!

Quote:
Hitman, how long do you think your going to have it in there and replace it?
I'll just have to follow the Maintenance Minder. I wish they'd just give us a freakin' mileage...Instead it's MM Service #3...whenever that shows up, or the shifting gets notchy again.

Quote:
hardtopguy.com

also for those who want to give this a shot, i highly suggest using this site to order, very fast shipping as well. They have the AC Delco SMFM which is exactly the same thing as the GM same part number and everything. if you order the washers just order one with the washer and then 2 without so you dont enter 3 with the washers. I learned that one already.
Great find. 3 bottles, with 1 set of washers delivered to my door was $42.01. It was cheaper than me going to the local Chevy dealer ($45.72). I had to go to the Chevy dealer once to pay, and they didn't have it. I had to go back to get it the next day. Plus a trip to Honda for the washers.

'09 EX-L V6 Coupe 6MT ASM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 05-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Electro-Motive

I put in Redline probably 500 miles ago. Love it so far.

2011 F150 Platinum SuperCrew 5.0
SOLD: 06 Ridgeline RTL/Nav-Honda "chrome" wheels, OEM tonneau, clear bra, chrome side steps. Nighthawk Black
SOLD: 08 Accord Coupe Ex-l Nav 6-6.-splash guards, clear bra, FS:magnaflow cbe
post #18 of 24 Old 05-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Hondaracer4vtec

Send a message via AIM to hondaracer4vtec
Yeah i saw that as well, i dont think i would be able to do it with that HFP set up. I'm 6 foot 200lbs its just the long arms that did it for me.

I'm thinking about 20K for me on it....cause NYC driving too much shifting the maintance minder doesnt count the number of shifts i use. And you can feel the difference from now and when you have it on for a year and a half with all the shifts i do. BUT THE 3RD GEAR notch didnt come back, it was that i wanted the butter shifting back

2008 Accord NBP 6-6 (mine)
2008 Accord TW V6 Sedan (family's)
2003 E500 Silver on Black (lil big bro)
2004 Mercedes CLK500 (sold) (mine)
2000 Accord Coupe ex 2.3L (lil brother's)
1998 Accord Sedan ex-l v6 (dad's)
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Out of Control

Nice CBX

post #20 of 24 Old 05-17-2010, 10:07 PM
4th Gear

Great video! I was told by a friend at a GM dealer along time ago that their synchromesh fluid is by pennzoil. Don't actually know if it is or isn't but i've been running Pennzoil's synchromesh for 1.5 years or so and 18,000 miles and its been great. The fluid is cheaper and can be picked up at Autozone.

08' Taffeta White Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 6-speed.
Privat Vulcans (20x8.5 +45mm)
BC Racing Coilovers
SPC 3-arm kit
Videos:

post #21 of 24 Old 05-20-2010, 07:48 AM
2nd Gear

I was curious about the comparos between AC Delco synchro tranny fluid and Red Line MTL. Tried to find info on an AC website and got nowhere. Red Line however, has lots of information and specs. regarding their products. I had a question and called their # and about 1/2 hour a tech guy called back. I think I'm going with Red Line.
post #22 of 24 Old 08-26-2011, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

Awesome video!

bb
post #23 of 24 Old 02-23-2019, 12:41 PM
2nd Gear

I know this is an old thread, but it's still helping members, thanks Hittman! The video really helped to nail down the positions of the bolts.

I took a look at the workshop manual, and it says the v6 transmission takes 2.2 US quarts at fluid change.

The torque values for the bolts are as follows:
Drain bolt: 29 lb-ft
Check bolt: 8.7 lb-ft
Fill bolt: 33 lb-ft

The crush washer part numbers are as follows (I haven't bought or used them yet, I'll update if the part numbers are wrong):
Drain bolt washer: 94109-14000
Check bolt washer: 90442-R7G-000
Fill bolt washer: 94109-20000

I'm using Amsoil fluid for this job, I've used GM Synchromesh before in my old mx6 as well as Amsoil and both felt the same to me. I'll update here if anything feels off with the Amsoil.

2012 Coupe EX-L V6 6-speed HFP
post #24 of 24 Old 04-10-2019, 05:21 AM
1st Gear

I need to do this, just have to find the time
PaulG likes this.
Advertisement

Tags
6mt, diy, synchromesh, transmission fluid change

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in