Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2009 Accord EX-L V6 Not starting, Relay Clicking

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bryanfigueroa3 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

New to the site, however I know my way around cars... for the most part. Anyways, the problem I am having is when I go to turn on my car when the key is in the ON position I get a crazy clicking sound coming from the blue relay in the driver side fuse box and the relay on the engine fusebox as well. The engine relay is the PGMFI relay I believe. The car cranks but does not turn on. Also, if the key is in the ON position the shifter doesn't want to move, and when I press the brake the clicking sometimes stops or gets worse. I'm frustrated at this point and close to taking it to the dealer. I figured I'd give this a shot to see if anyone has experienced the same issue. P.S. Ive spent a lot of time researching this and I seem to be the only one having this problem. Thanks in advance.

Is there anyway I can verify the fusebox is getting a solid ground so the relay can function properly?

Things Ive Tried:
Switching ECM/ECU (with immobilizer and key, same year/engine)
New Battery
New Ignition Switch
New Crank Position Sensor
Jump Start
New Relays
Checked Fuse's
OBD2 Code Scanner (no codes)
Checked Fuel Pump Signal (using test light)
Checked all grounds/ even used a set of jumper cables to add extra grounds to frame and engine.

I will post a video tomorrow, If I can't figure it out, I'll probably be taking it to the dealer and we all know how that goes. Anyways, Thanks in advanced!

See less See more
#3 ·
Had a very similar incident in which I thought may be in the ICU , that unit has non serviceable circuitry inside , which if I recall supplies power to coils / injectors . My case ended up being a shorted coil that literally welded itself to the plug tube .
I will check for spark tonight, I haven't gotten that far because I thought the problem would be somewhere around the relay area. Also, when you say shorted coil, you mean shorted coil pack? I hope this is the problem. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.