Repair or sell my 97 wagon - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-10-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
bigbanjobear

Unhappy Repair or sell my 97 wagon

I'm not a mechanic at all so I may get some terms incorrect. I have a 1997 Wagon LX (not the V6 engine) that was damaged by a falling tree limb. I need to know if it is worth fixing or if I should sell it for parts.
It is pretty low mileage although a few years back the speedometer stopped working so I'm not sure of the actual mileage. I'm thinking around or under 100k as I was never much of a driver and it had very little miles when I got in in '03.

The tree took out the front and back windows as well as the rear left window. It also put a small dent in the roof.
there is pre-existing damage to the front where the lower faring was ripped off by parking blocks and a fender bender. It is also missing both mirrors. I think I have them both sitting somewhere.

The engine runs fairly well. My father (who is a mechanic) helped me with some engine work. It has new plugs and wires and iirc the timing belt. The AC doesn't blow cold but does blow

I've posted pictures on my facebookz and made the album public. As this is my first post I guess you might have to pm me to get the link.

Please be nice as this is my first post. If I need to take additional pictures, add more information or whatever else just let me know.

Thanks In advance

Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-10-2019, 12:19 PM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
Where are you located?

2018 Mazda 3 Hatchback Touring AT

2005 Honda Accord V6 - 185k - Sold

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
post #3 of 3 Old 04-10-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
bigbanjobear

tallahassee fl
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in