Looking good all season tires? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 29 Old 09-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Out of Control

Put the better set on the rear, ask Dunlop or go to a Goodyear store since that is who owns Dunlop about what rotation pattern to use since you have 2 different tire models.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 545K - 2017 EX automatic 8K
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 Old 09-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Sealed with ceramic coat

FYI,

Consumer Reports has the Continental DWS tire rated as much worse than average for snow traction and tread wear (e.g. the dreaded black dot).

Under CR's new rating system, the Continental DWS06 tire was rated as “Fair” for snow traction, “Good” for ice braking, “Very Good” for wet braking and hydroplaning, “Excellent” for wet handling.

The B.F. Goodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S tire was rated as “Very Good” for snow traction, ice braking, wet handling, wet braking and hydroplaning.

2017 EX Coupe 2.4L 6MT
Crystal Black Pearl
post #18 of 29 Old 09-15-2017, 06:51 PM
2nd Gear

You didn't specify what part of Maryland you live in. If you're up in the mountains, I would do a separate set of snow tires for the winter months. If you're closer to Baltimore, an all-season tire with good snow performance will do the job just fine.
MzCountry and KW2004Accord like this.
Advertisement

post #19 of 29 Old 10-04-2017, 03:38 PM
4th Gear

I've been logged out of DA for a while, but in case I'm not too late, I'd second JinX's recommendation of the Nokian WR G3 tires. They are classified as "All Weather" instead of All-Season (they're based on the Central European WR A3 winter tires- the WR G3 is really a performance winter that won't melt in the summer heat). Foul weather traction (rain, snow, slush, ice) is superb. If you live in an area that sees a lot of snow, then I would agree with JREwing78 and recommend a set of winter tires on separate rims.

2012 Accord EX-L V6 coupe, polished metal metallic.
post #20 of 29 Old 10-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekWildstar View Post
I've been logged out of DA for a while, but in case I'm not too late, I'd second JinX's recommendation of the Nokian WR G3 tires. They are classified as "All Weather" instead of All-Season (they're based on the Central European WR A3 winter tires- the WR G3 is really a performance winter that won't melt in the summer heat). Foul weather traction (rain, snow, slush, ice) is superb. If you live in an area that sees a lot of snow, then I would agree with JREwing78 and recommend a set of winter tires on separate rims.
I believe I got the suggestions from you.

Nokian makes some good winter tires. I am putting on some Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 tires for my RX-8 in a couple of days - don't want to take chances in a RWD.

With an Accord, all-weather is good enough for most cases.
DerekWildstar likes this.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnknownJinX For This Useful Post:
Bleible (06-23-2018)
post #21 of 29 Old 07-12-2018, 05:46 PM
4th Gear

Never again Dunlop Signature II tires! At 30,000 miles, they’re louder than the engine!! Now looking for a pair again. I drive 800 miles every weekend and the loud noise is killing me. Had them rotated from back to front and immediately noticed the hum/grind resistance. It was much lower in the back.
post #22 of 29 Old 07-13-2018, 06:26 AM
2006 Accord EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pindiwalAccord View Post
Never again Dunlop Signature II tires! At 30,000 miles, they’re louder than the engine!! Now looking for a pair again. I drive 800 miles every weekend and the loud noise is killing me. Had them rotated from back to front and immediately noticed the hum/grind resistance. It was much lower in the back.
I see you updated us on your original post.
I put General Altimax RT43s, H rated, on my '06 Accord coupe and couldn't be happier. They're quiet, very good in snow and rain and I've been using them for about 20K miles now.

General Tire is actually owned by Continental and has been for years.
Here's a link to a Tire Rack review:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=220
CarDaddy likes this.

2006 Accord EX 2.4L Coupe...187k and counting..
post #23 of 29 Old 07-13-2018, 11:14 AM
2011 LX-S Coupe Automatic

I love my BFG's all-season tires. I have been using them now for over 25 years on everything I own. Like my 73 F350 and 68 GTO. They are reasonably priced. Read the reviews on how they stack up to other All Season tires. Talk to a BFG tire expert. Tell them the vehicle you are driving and conditions you are driving in, for there expert help in choosing the correct tire.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...e+COMP-2+A%2FS

Plus they come with a 6 year 45,000 mile warranty....

Good luck,
Dimitri

2011 HONDA ACCORD LX-S COUPE, 2.4L AUTOMATIC

NOVATO, CA - NORTH BAY AREA
post #24 of 29 Old 08-14-2018, 11:32 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Accordz View Post
I see you updated us on your original post.
I put General Altimax RT43s, H rated, on my '06 Accord coupe and couldn't be happier. They're quiet, very good in snow and rain and I've been using them for about 20K miles now.

General Tire is actually owned by Continental and has been for years.
Here's a link to a Tire Rack review:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=220
I can almost always afford 2 tires at a time. I just got rid of the Dunlop Signature II in front and replaced them with Dunlop Signature HP (had 2 Signature HP's in the back). The rear HP's have 15K miles on it. I'm hoping they won't go off with the loud noise the way the Signature II's did!

There's no doubt Continental tires are one of the best but the price is so high that I can never afford them. Hoping to change all 4 tires after 30K miles.
post #25 of 29 Old 08-18-2018, 01:34 PM
2011 LX-S Coupe Automatic

Hi PindiwalAccord,

I love my BFG's all-season tires. I have been using them now for over 25 years on everything I own. Like my 73 F350 and 68 GTO. They are reasonably priced. Read the reviews on how they stack up to other All Season tires. Talk to a BFG tire expert. Tell them the vehicle you are driving and conditions you are driving in, for there expert help in choosing the correct tire.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...e+COMP-2+A%2FS

Plus they come with a 6 year 45,000 mile warranty....

Good luck,
Dimitri

2011 HONDA ACCORD LX-S COUPE, 2.4L AUTOMATIC

NOVATO, CA - NORTH BAY AREA
post #26 of 29 Old 11-16-2018, 03:28 PM
3rd Gear

Continental Control Contact A/S Tour at Discount Tire. Excellent grip, great in snow, handle perfect!

'15 EXL, I4, CVT
post #27 of 29 Old 03-06-2019, 05:18 AM
1st Gear

I have a 2013 Accord LX and I always hated the tires that came with the car which I found to be incredibly noisy and a bit of a stiff ride. I just replaced the tires in December 2018 and after doing some research I bought Adventurer Tour tires from Cooper Tire and I love them. They are very, very quiet and give a much smoother ride than the OEM tires. Cooper tires are a bit more expensive so even with a buy 3 get 1 free I paid $475 installed at Pep Boys. They also score very well on the ratings. I love them so much that when I buy a new car later this year I'm thinking about asking them to put my current Cooper tires on the new car. As an FYI, I have and have never had absolutely any connection with any tire company or any automotive business. As an added benefit, Cooper is 1 of only 2 remaining US tire manufacturers and most if not all of the Cooper tires sold in the US are made in the US.

I have a 2013 Accord LX and I always hated the tires that came with the car which I found to be incredibly noisy and a bit of a stiff ride. I just replaced the tires in December 2018 and after doing some research I bought Adventurer Tour tires from Cooper Tire and I love them. They are very, very quiet and give a much smoother ride than the OEM tires. Cooper tires are a bit more expensive so even with a buy 3 get 1 free I paid $475 installed at Pep Boys. They also score very well on the ratings. I love them so much that when I buy a new car later this year I'm thinking about asking them to put my current Cooper tires on the new car. As an FYI, I have and have never had absolutely any connection with any tire company or any automotive business. As an added benefit, Cooper is 1 of only 2 remaining US tire manufacturers and most if not all of the Cooper tires sold in the US are made in the US.

post #28 of 29 Old 03-20-2019, 04:09 PM
1st Gear

(cross posted in hopes that it helps OP)

I ended up buying these (235/45R18) tires and rims to replace a pothole destroyed tire/rim on my 18 Accord Touring with the 19" tires:

discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/michelin-pilot-sport-a-s-3-plus/p/33308 (tires)
discounttiredirect.com/buy-wheels/liquid-metal-shift/p/59149 (rims)

I've logged about 500 miles on them now. My thoughts:

The pilot sports are MUCH better tires than the stock michelins. They are grippier, stop better, are quieter, and have a better ride. They are also comparable in price (these were $40 per tire cheaper than stock tires - note the smaller size though). The rims look great, nearly perfectly matching the modern steel metallic Accord. There is almost no visible difference in the tire compared to the old one (I think it's a bit over 1cm more sidewall).

Buying these tires and rims, I essentially got a free rim because of the savings on the tire. Each tire change will increase that savings and with me logging 20k+ a year... well, not a bad deal. This was also my first purchase with discount tire direct. I have to say that i'm very impressed. They called me with a couple of questions and their (very knowledgeable) rep walked me through one additional part the rims needed (DTD threw them in for free). Overall great experience and I would recommend them and buy from them again.

Only one problem remains... what to do with three stock tires and rims for a 2018 Touring with 20k miles on them.
post #29 of 29 Old Today, 05:35 AM
1st Gear

What do you think about run flats? I put Pirelli all season run flats on my Accord last summer and so far they've been really good for all seasons. Plus, I just thnk Pirelli is a really good brand. This list has some of the top run flats out there right now, and it looks like a couple of them are all seasons.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in