V6 6 cyl FWD crosstour vs 2.0T 10 speed - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-25-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

When the 18 2.0T 10 speed came out i fell in love with it. Well after chasing a crosstour for 4 years i finaly found her. 2015 V6 EXL.

Honda dropped the v6 due to the 2.0T 10 speed trans. It supposedly eats the V6. Well I decided to see how quick it was. Im depressed now after all the hype i read and watched on line. I don't think it pulls as hard as my V6, doesent seem any faster. Sport paddle shift in or letting it do the work.

I'm not putting it down by mo means I just dont think is any faster than my crosstour with V6 6 speed. Not to mention the back of Sam is full of stuff. Maybe if i could do some stop light racing maybe it is. One thing for sure is theres no drama meaning getting pinned in the seat. You know the big block pull of yester years.

My friend you got a great car and enjoy it. Honda guys stick together!

Well finaly drove the new sport 2.0 T 10 speed Accord. Well without going side by side my 15 crosstour FWD V6 6 speed is faster. Not to mention much more fun driving too! The accord has no drama (read having fun driving)! Sam growled when ya stand on her. The accord sounds, feels like grandma's car. My accord makes me feel 16 again.

I'm not putting down the accord. s just a great car, but no drama while driving.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 03-25-2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: merge
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-25-2019, 11:04 AM
4th Gear

From my reading, the 1.5T is a little over 7 sec 0-6, the 2.0 is right at 6 secs, and the cross tour is between 6 and 7 depending on model. The key is, the 2.0 runs a 14.7 or so qtr mile stock, the cross tour probably loses that by 0.5 secs.

All that is close though. To be honest, people take for granted how fast a 0-60 of 7 secs is, and plenty of juice for daily driving. My 1.5T, running Map 2 with the JB4, is a fun car to drive. I have no business owning a Ford Mustang or something of the like lol.

2018 1.5T Sport CVT White Pearl - 12k miles
PRL Stage 1 Intake
BMS JB4
Enkei TFR Copper Wheels
Progress RSB
post #3 of 6 Old 03-25-2019, 03:09 PM
3rd Gear

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomracing View Post
When the 18 2.0T 10 speed came out I fell in love with it. Well after chasing a Crosstour for 4 years I finally found her. 2015 V6 EXL.

Honda dropped the v6 due to the 2.0T 10-speed trans. It supposedly eats the V6. Well, I decided to see how quick it was. I'm depressed now after all the hype I read and watched online. I don't think it pulls as hard as my V6, doesn't seem any faster. Sport paddle shift in or letting it do the work.

I'm not putting it down by mo means I just don't think is any faster than my Crosstour with V6 6 speed. Not to mention the back of Sam is full of stuff. Maybe if I could do some stop light racing maybe it is. One thing for sure is there is no drama meaning getting pinned in the seat. You know the big block pull of yesteryears.

My friend, you got a great car and enjoy it. Honda guys stick together!

Well finally drove the new sport 2.0 T 10-speed Accord. Well without going side by side my 15 Crosstour FWD V6 6 speed is faster. Not to mention much more fun driving too! The Accord has no drama (read having fun driving)! Sam growled when ya stand on her. The Accord sounds feels like grandma's car. My accord makes me feel 16 again.

I'm not putting down the accord. s just a great car, but no drama while driving.
So the v6 is louder, of course, it is than the 2.0T. My Big Block Buick is louder and has 510 ft lbs of torque than my Turbo T v6 but guess who wins the race.

2018 Accord 2.0t 10 AT Touring
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 11:04 AM
1st Gear

I currently have a 2013 Accord V6 Touring.

When I test drove a 2019 Accord Sport 2.0 Turbo (10AT, since they didn't have a manual in stock), I was quite impressed especially with the low end torque. On top of that, I was offered a great trade in value for my accord. But it wasn't enough for me to get rid of my car as I'm still very happy with it. Every time I drive it, it puts a huge smile on my face, even at half throttle.

I also drove the 1.5 Turbo in the Accord Sport, although not as quick, it was still a great ride. But I'll keep my V6 for a while as long as this one doesn't get wrecked.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 11:15 AM
Honda Enthusiast

No drama.

DARKART

CR3 Sport
Crystal Black Pearl
K24W1 Earth Dreams/6MT
If it's Mugen, it's worth it.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 11:44 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
From my reading, the 1.5T is a little over 7 sec 0-6, the 2.0 is right at 6 secs, and the cross tour is between 6 and 7 depending on model. The key is, the 2.0 runs a 14.7 or so qtr mile stock, the cross tour probably loses that by 0.5 secs.

All that is close though. To be honest, people take for granted how fast a 0-60 of 7 secs is, and plenty of juice for daily driving. My 1.5T, running Map 2 with the JB4, is a fun car to drive. I have no business owning a Ford Mustang or something of the like lol.
Haha gotta love the stang ref. I don't know if it's an awfully balanced design, or the handling skills of the common mustang driver, when I see one leaving a car show, I lowkey move over to the next zip code.

2014 Accord Coupe cvt ex-l nav
2004 CR-V mt
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in