Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
11,201 Posts
nick82006 said:
ok i have the required post and i am trying to get rid of these wheels and tires taking up space, and you keep deleting my post? whats up?
If you read this whole thread you'd know that this is not a place for people to post ten things just to sell your wares. If you'd like to try that, you can go to V6P.net or Honduh.com or Honda-Acura.net. Not here.

· Registered
11,201 Posts
We learned in grade school that sitting down being quiet and doing your work does not count as participation. Participation is speaking up and helping out as well as being helped. I can't verify that you've been around for any longer than today and even if I could it wouldn't count because you didn't contribute until now, ironically right when you needed to sell something :dunno:

· Registered
11,201 Posts
OK, since you've asked and made a point, I will reopen the thread but the rule stands and will probably be modified to be even stricter...since we have so many people who think they can just come here to sell stuff.

Remember this is different from a newspaper because somebody pays to run this place, in a newspaper you have to pay money to put an ad.

The pic in the ad disappeared for whatever reason...you can reupload it, I don't know what happened to it :dunno:

· Registered
11,201 Posts
blkapra4 said:
dont you think that you are doing a dis-service to your members by not allowing them the chance to purchase items from private sellers that they can get at other sites?I understand the logic behind your actions but you can purchase items everywhere on the net. Maybe if you were a little more understanding of this the site would have more than 2500 members.
I occasionally "skip over" some ads that are useful ie. wheels and tires (some need winter wheels) and accessories. I leave some up when I know it might be useful to another member (ie. we had a person with one post put up an ad about parting out a 91 Accord, I left it up for stiller but he reported it anyway :lmao: ). But there are people who are joining to sell 20" rims that nobody wants, wrecked Dodge's, a hybrid Civic with a B-series...that stuff is ridiculous and is not tolerated.

In addition, dealing with members with only 3 posts that are selling things is risky. You have no idea who this person is, what they really are up to. For all we know they could have just joined to scam some poor soul.

The BS postings have come down recently but if they go back up, expect the rules to get even stricter ie. 30 posts AND one month membership or mod's approval.

You're right, parts can be purchased everywhere on the net. Our members are not stupid, they look for what they need in various places. Maybe this isn't their first place to look but then again this isn't a junkyard/dealer/Autotrader.

· Registered
11,201 Posts
All mods are listed on the front page under Forum Leaders.

Rule stands...sorry.

We leave the thread up with the title for everyone to see for a little while...if they're interested they will PM. After a couple weeks I go back and delete them completely and remove the clutter.

· Registered
11,201 Posts
i would think that off loading parts that may be useful to someone on this forum does count as a contribution. looking out for a fellow honda owner must be a crime. I find great stuff all over the world because of forums and most honest people who are allowed to sale things without being hassled will more than likely become an ongoing member.
On the two forums I found you on, you had 4 posts and 16 posts. And good stuff too, like on the first forum, 3 posts on a Nitrous'd J30A4 for sale, which nobody on this forum is likely to buy, and then a "bump" post on someone elses thread. And on the second forum, oh boy, a whopping 0.03 posts a day on average. You are the epitome of a valuable ongoing member and surely deserve to be called MVP of each and every forum you visit!

So what'd I miss?

· Registered
11,201 Posts
This rule is gay! A lot of people are missing out on parts because noobs cant post classifieds. I sold my accord, so what am I going to post about here. I'm just gonna get bashed for buying a nissan.

Oh well, I have a lot of parts so I'll try to post anyway. Hopefully you wont delete it.

BTW. The reason I didn't post in any forums when I had an accord is because of flamers.---- "SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH.....GOOGLE"

Thanks
Aaron
Sorry the rule isn't for new members to debate.. If the majority of the regulars wanted to change this rule, we would listen to them. But for someone who has no idea what this forum has gone through, and then for them to tell the mods who have been on this forum for many years what they need to do? Next time, just ask nicely. It's infinitely more likely for us to let you post if you just said "I sold my Accord, can I post some parts for sale?" Instead, the first line I read is "This rule is gay!" Wow, great first impression!

You sold your Accord, not your brain! You still have knowledge of an Accord, you still know how to give advice, you still remember what kind of problems you had with it. I sold my Accord too, I still contributed for a while. Hey, I wrote the FAQ for a car I've never owned in my life. Same goes for stevencrosbie. So you can still post if you'd like, but it seems like you don't want to.

So you don't post on forums because of flamers...suddenly when there's cash on the line for you, it's definitely okay to post, worth the risks of getting flamed, not to mention breaking forum rules at the same time. When it's time to contribute or help others with their problems, it's not worth it. Did I read that correctly?

· Registered
11,201 Posts
MOst other forums don't make such stupid rules.
Then please go sell your wares on other stupid forums, because this rule is not as uncommon as you say.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showforum=29
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5300
http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361656
http://board.accordtuner.com/showthread.php?t=25400

I'd like to propose that we up the requirements to 50 posts (as is the case with Mazda6Club) or 6 months (as in the case with OdyClub). Or we can make it 15 ACCEPTABLE posts and 30 days, as AcuraZine

· Registered
11,201 Posts
I have banned Michael_Mansion for a week, due to general disrespect for the forum, its rules, its mods and its members. Although he does have 10 posts necessary to post in Classifieds, they seem to be 10 posts made just to sell his wares. The time will allow us to further clarify and discuss the Classifieds section rules.

· Registered
11,201 Posts
:sorry: Ummm.... I kinda broke the rules here... but I fixed it even befor I saw this.:D I put in my visitor msg some headlights for sale. Was in the gallery and saw the guy that just got the rdx. Someone there said something about classified rules. I took them off though cause I think I'm gonna keep them and break em :paranoid: retro practice. Not a scamer/didn't just sign up to sell em, but being a noob to forums I didn't know there were rules. Maybe that should be one of the hidden Q/A for US noobs is to find a classified rule :dunno:
Thanks for the idea, but it would never fly. The answer to the current registration question is not only stickied but also pretty obvious, and emails were received daily about where the answer was...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.