Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

I'm not sure that I understand your definition of "participation". I've been a member of many different forums (Isuzu, Hyundai, Ford and Honda) because I've owned a number of different makes and am interested in cars. I love forums such as this one because the people here are generally knowledgeable and friendly.

However, I work full time, and am neither a mechanic nor very mechanically inclinded. I can do some simple things such as changing oil and following directions. I tend to mostly read posts and occasionally comment because most of my browsing time is while I have a free moment at work. By the time I get home at 7:00pm at night I have two kids and a wife that require a lot of attention and that usually doesn't leave a lot of free time.

When I have an opinion on something, or some piece of useful knowledge to share, I most certainly will post. But this has to be the first forum that I've joined that punishes someone for not being active enough. So if I only post a few times a year, but when I do I share something that maybe no one else has seen, am I still not good enough to be a member of this forum?

And posting in the classifieds is most certainly not spam. I'm an IT guy and I know plenty about spam to say that listing an item for sale on this forum is no different that putting out an ad in my local newspaper. I'm not sending unsolicited email to your mailbox, and if you aren't interested in what I'm selling you don't need to read the post.

I just so happened to purchase a very nice used '98 Accord, which is also the first Accord I've owned since my old '84. The car was well kept but came with a flashy set of chrome rims that I'm not a fan of, so I posted a for sale or trade add here last night, only to see that it's been deleted because I didn't meet the silly minumum post rule.

Anyways, sorry to get off on this long rant. But I do think the minumum post rule is silly and unnecessary.

· Registered
9 Posts
Hey, thanks for the understanding :thmsup:

I'll do my best to contribute to the forum, and look forward to being a member here for quite a while (I'm hoping my Accord lasts quite a while too!).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.