Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
what we are trying to avoid here is people who have 10 posts of whatever, then post in the classifieds, then no longer contribute.....

that being said, you are free to stay, and contribute... but having either your first post, or 11th post of whatever you're selling, is not tolerated......

honduh.com has a minimum post limit to view certain forum, let alone trying to sell things online.....

if you are having that much trouble, try selling it on e-bay, or another online site, or you could even do it the old-fashioned way by taking an add out of your local paper......

have fun in whatever you do, and hope to see you stay on here.... :)

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
ok, let me step in here, before things get ugly.... :angel:

if you are going to stay, you can post as many things as you want in the classifieds section, as you are going to contribute to the fourm...... :yes:

if, on the other hand, you (or anyone else, for that matter) decides to post xx amount only to get access to sell whatever it is you are selling, then please go elsewhere....

we, as a forum, are trying to avoid this problem from the past where people would just join to post and never be heard from again....

if anyone else has anything to say (or add) to what i stated above, please feel free....

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
ben,

not to boast here, but i believe that what i stated above suffices here.....

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
that is why we have started a poll, and letting the forum as a whole decide on whether if the rules for posting in the classifieds need to be tweaked...... or not...... :)

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
to be honest, the only reason we really have the rule in place is because at times, we will have a swarm of people who post an ad and never hear from them again.....

my suggestion to you would be to talk to one of the moderators, or the webmaster himself (wardsweb), and maybe try to state your case here..... who knows, they may waive the rule for you.....

welcome aboard, regardless.... hope to hear from you more..... :wave:

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
this site does NOT tolerate, under any circumstances, people joining just to sell stuff.... if you are wanting to do that, you are free to go elsewhere.....

this is a Honda Accord site, full of information about problems and solutions to not only the Accord, but other hondas as well.....

this time last year, i don't even think that we even had 2000 members..... the rate of people joining and CONTRIBUTING has literally exploded since last winter......

this is not craigslist.....

i am not trying to be mean or nasty here, sorry if it came off as such..... :wave: :sorry:

- josh

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
if you are not willing to contribute to this forum, then you have no reason to post in the classified section.....

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
ur choice.....

just cause that the forum is skewed towards 7th gens doesn't mean that we don't have other accords (and TL's) on here.... princess, one of the mods on here, is able to access TSB's and other bulletins on here.....

mine is a 4th, there is a second gen too, and a good amount of 5th and 6th gen....

sorry that we couldn't help or please ya.... :wavebye:

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
if you get the mods approval first, it should not be a problem.....

that being said tho, i'm not a mod..... :wave:

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
if you get moderator's approval, they may let it go..... :)

welcome aboard.... :wave:

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
aslong as you have a minimum of 10 posts, AND you are a contributing member, then you will be able to post your items in the classified section.....

main reason why this is done, is due to people joining, posting an ad, then never seeing them again.... it helps to cut down on the spammers, but it still happens, but not as often.... :dunno:

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
there's always ebay too..... :rolleyes:

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
play by the rules, or leave.

everyone else who has joined here has played by the rules. if you got a problem with it, we don't want to hear your whining.

you are free to stay and contribute, and use the classifieds to your advantage once the rules are met. not til then.

this isn't your site. you're not paying for it. the admin here wants things done a certain way, and that's how it's going to be.

an attitude lke yours is the reason why forums are given such a bad name anymore.... :mad:

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
i'll pay with a check for 200$ US.... from ethiopia..... :wave:

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
is it possible that you can shrink the pics??? :eek:

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
i was thinking the same thing before i posted my msg above.....

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
it's so that way people don't just post and leave...

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,660 Posts
they are there cause....

1. keep it consistent with posts
2. before the rules were here, people would join only to sell their stuff / rip people off
3. it's the internet....

the last one should be enough reason, really.... :yes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.