Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, what are you 0-60 times, let me know what you drive ( year, model and engine size, either stock or with mods, if mods list them please)
ive searched 0-60 times on google for the accords and i found that the v6 auto 0-60 is 7.3 and the manual is 5.8

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Are you comparing the same EXACT vehicles with these above numbers? Meaning for example, a stock 2010 V6 coupe manual with a stock V6 coupe automatic?

If that’s the case, I just can’t see being that much of a difference.

I realize these numbers will vary on all kinds of factors, but I have NEVER heard of a manual getting 1.5 seconds superior.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think VCM would have a huge affect, especially since the AT has a vtec that doesnt do what vtecs in the 6-6s. you drive a AT go try it for yourself man. 60 mph isnt illegal in most places.

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
I think VCM would have a huge affect, especially since the AT has a vtec that doesnt do what vtecs in the 6-6s. you drive a AT go try it for yourself man. 60 mph isnt illegal in most places.
Uuuuuhm, OK and what would I compare it too? lol

·
Registered
689 Posts
your right the elevation humidity does matter but there have been multiple reviews and people that have ran their accords. chaqui for example dynoed and ran his AT, I've Dynoed and ran my 6-6 and godspeed has dynoed his AT with almost all the bolt ons and only got 220 hp vs. my 233 dyno 6-6 with fewer bolt ons both dynos were SAE corrected. your on the coast, you have plenty of O2 and some bolt ons... i'll assume youll be at about 7 seconds or high 6s. If you get in the mid to low 6s your comparable to a manual.

·
Registered
31 Posts
just out of curiosity, at what rpm does the 6spd vtec kick in? is the power delivery smooth throughout the whole powerband? or do you hear it crossover like the old b-series/k-series motors?

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,915 Posts
Are you comparing the same EXACT vehicles with these above numbers? Meaning for example, a stock 2010 V6 coupe manual with a stock V6 coupe automatic?

If that’s the case, I just can’t see being that much of a difference.

I realize these numbers will vary on all kinds of factors, but I have NEVER heard of a manual getting 1.5 seconds superior.
The auto and manual shift Accord V-6's have two different valve timing systems. The automatic V-6 is set for economy (cylinder shut down) while the stick shift V-6 is set up for performance. No mystery there at all.

All manual shift cars have had superior 0-60 mph times since automatics were invented, that's nothing new. The new autos are far better than those of yesteryear but generally they can't match a well driven stick shift. There are exceptions but that's on extreme high end cars with dual clutch transmissions.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
The auto and manual shift Accord V-6's have two different valve timing systems. The automatic V-6 is set for economy (cylinder shut down) while the stick shift V-6 is set up for performance. No mystery there at all.

All manual shift cars have had superior 0-60 mph times since automatics were invented, that's nothing new. The new autos are far better than those of yesteryear but generally they can't match a well driven stick shift. There are exceptions but that's on extreme high end cars with dual clutch transmissions.
Thanks TEX. Like your title says, you are wise :thmsup:

·
Management
651 Posts
just out of curiosity, at what rpm does the 6spd vtec kick in? is the power delivery smooth throughout the whole powerband? or do you hear it crossover like the old b-series/k-series motors?
At 5k like Hittman said. There is a noticeable change in engine sound. I can feel an little extra kick at the switch over point.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i feel the kick at/around 5k, i drive a manual car, and also edmonds car review vid tested it and its the slower of the mazda 6s touring and altima 3.5. im shocked....
ive tested mine and i get around 6secs depending on when i shift in 1st, sometimes im too close to the redline when im supposed to be at 6500 to get the full affect of the 271hp (at the crank)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Nah doesnt crack as loud. The 6-6 with a SRI brings out the sound a lot more and it almost sounds like a gsr vtec engage, around 4 you hear more air being pulled and at around 5 it cracks. sounds sick with a SRI and Jpipe (+cat delete)

·
Registered
31 Posts
At 5k like Hittman said. There is a noticeable change in engine sound. I can feel an little extra kick at the switch over point.
yea i feel the kick at/around 5k, i drive a manual car, and also edmonds car review vid tested it and its the slower of the mazda 6s touring and altima 3.5. im shocked....
ive tested mine and i get around 6secs depending on when i shift in 1st, sometimes im too close to the redline when im supposed to be at 6500 to get the full affect of the 271hp (at the crank)
thanks for the info!

Nah doesnt crack as loud. The 6-6 with a SRI brings out the sound a lot more and it almost sounds like a gsr vtec engage, around 4 you hear more air being pulled and at around 5 it cracks. sounds sick with a SRI and Jpipe (+cat delete)
i cant even imagine how good the v6 vtec sounds on crossover. must sound like you're breaking the sound barrier haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts