Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear brakes on my Accord are dragging on the rotor when the wheel is off the ground and you spin it. On the drivers side it will actually stop the wheel from spinning. Now for the weird part, the pads are 70k+ miles of highway driving with plenty of pad left. I just replaced a bad wheel bearing assembly on the passengers rear and due to the rust on the rotor and assembly I went ahead and put on a new rotor. With the caliper assembly mounting bolts not tightened down the wheel turns fine, but once they are tightened to specs, they drag the rotor. Is this possibly a bent caliper bracket? I had at first thought it was just warped rotors, but with a new rotor its just as bad. Oh, by the way the rotors don't appear warped and aren't hot after a 20 mile drive.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Did you try and spin the caliper pistons in first? Are the slides free and are the pads free in the bracket?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Calipers dragging

No, I haven't done that yet but, that's what I'm thinking about doing next. I also am going to take a closer look at the pads for abnormal wear across the face of the pads. Hopefully it's something simple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts