Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 Honda accord 3.0 v6 and i wanted to put a turbo in it. what all would i need to get with the turbo so i wouldn't blow my engine or anything. for example a exhaust manifold. i wanted to turn it into a tuner car and make it nice looking i know the engine will die one day but ill just replace it but if you could help me with items i would need that would be great.

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
comptech used to make a supercharger for your car. not sure if they still offer it. more reliable than a turbo

·
CAN I BUY YOUR REAR LIP??
390 Posts
go to 6thgenaccord.com and ask the same question :)

you wont get any real answers here.

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
Tossing a turbo on a high mileage engine to make a "tuner car" is not a good idea. You really should do a build for a turbo if you want it done correctly.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,914 Posts
i have a 2002 Honda accord 3.0 v6 and i wanted to put a turbo in it. what all would i need to get with the turbo so i wouldn't blow my engine or anything. for example a exhaust manifold. i wanted to turn it into a tuner car and make it nice looking i know the engine will die one day but ill just replace it but if you could help me with items i would need that would be great.
If you ask these kind of questions then you have no clue how involved something like this is and I don't mean that as a put down. You need to seek out a shop that will custom make a turbo setup and build your engine for it in the first place. Ten Grand might cover it with the exception of the tuning required. Lots and lots of research and money is required for this kind of a project since it's all 100% custom. The exhaust manifolds alone must be custom made depending on the type/pressure, and make of turbo......and that depends where it will be mounted. This is not something you just buy parts for and "put a turbo in it".

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
the internet is not something you just dump garbage on, its not a big truck ITS A SERIES OF TUBES! -ted stevens

·
CAN I BUY YOUR REAR LIP??
390 Posts
If you ask these kind of questions then you have no clue how involved something like this is and I don't mean that as a put down. You need to seek out a shop that will custom make a turbo setup and build your engine for it in the first place. Ten Grand might cover it with the exception of the tuning required. Lots and lots of research and money is required for this kind of a project since it's all 100% custom. The exhaust manifolds alone must be custom made depending on the type/pressure, and make of turbo......and that depends where it will be mounted. This is not something you just buy parts for and "put a turbo in it".
There's your honest, 100% true to life answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts