Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Accord 4dr SE. The original rims were 15", but I just purchased a set of Chrome aftermarket rims that are 17". I am tire shopping and have heard all kinds of things.

I am hoping some of you can provide info, feedback, pictures to help me get a great look.

I am looking for a low profile tire that won't leave a huge space. I am jumping up 2' inches on the rim size. I have also been told that I may have to drop it like 1-1 1/2" to get the perfect look.

Please [email protected] I have these nice rims sitting in my living room and the local shops have been useless so far.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was told by an Accord owner and by Sam's Club to go with 225/45/R17

any thoughts?:wave:

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,887 Posts
1. Can't help without knowing how wide the wheels are
2. Can't achieve a "great look" without lowering it... though a "great look" is also subjective

3. There's no need to create multiple threads on the same subject, or hijack someone's thread

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Inside the rim, where the tire sits it is 8". On the outside from end to end it is 9".Don't know if that's how I am supposed to measure, but that's what I have.

there's a # on the rim 1780B404114C72. Maybe the first 2 numbers mean 17x8"?

I definitely want to lower it eventually. The website that was posted shows 3 different sizes for the 17" rims

205/50/17

215/45/17

225/45/17

I posted multiple times because I saw posters that didn't receive answers 5 months after their post. My bad on the "high jack".

I just looked up the rim. Likely a 17x8.

http://www.tires-n-parts.com/wheels/tsw/hockr.htm

I'd post a pic, but don't know how.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,887 Posts
OEM size is 195/65-15.

To keep odometer and speedometer in check, you'll want 225/45-17 if the wheel is 17x8. 225/50-17 would work too if you want to minimize the wheel gap, but you're odometer and speedometer will be off a bit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick and specific feedback. I am not too worried about the spedometer, but more the look.

I have heard a few times to go with 225/45/17. I am hoping a couple of posters can put up some pics so that I know what they look like in advance. I have the day off tomorrow and may just go get them put on.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Thanks for the quick and specific feedback. I am not too worried about the spedometer, but more the look.

I have heard a few times to go with 225/45/17. I am hoping a couple of posters can put up some pics so that I know what they look like in advance. I have the day off tomorrow and may just go get them put on.
225 is the widest tire you can put on a 6th gen accord/2nd gen cl before you have to roll fenders. 225/45 is a great choice. good handling/ride.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I am really looking forward to doing this already. I really need to take some pics before I do anything to it.

So 225 it is. Dang I can't wait.

BTW, what does "roll fenders" mean?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Thanks! I am really looking forward to doing this already. I really need to take some pics before I do anything to it.

So 225 it is. Dang I can't wait.

BTW, what does "roll fenders" mean?
When i had my CL I went with Kumho. Good tire for the price. Even cheaper with near same performance is Nexan. Post pix of your car and the rims or find a link with them online.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW! Times have changed. Never even heard of that. My son is stoked because he shopped for the rims with me. Now he wants to help pick out the tires as well. :thmsup:

I look forward to being on here a real long time. This is my 3rd Accord, but the 1st one I will look to radically improve :banana:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
WOW! Times have changed. Never even heard of that. My son is stoked because he shopped for the rims with me. Now he wants to help pick out the tires as well. :thmsup:

I look forward to being on here a real long time. This is my 3rd Accord, but the 1st one I will look to radically improve :banana:
Lets not take radical to much. A clean car looks best... There are alot of clean 6th gens on this board to get you mind going on tasteful ideas...lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe I should choose my verbage better. I look fwd to experimenting and learning :notworthy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When i had my CL I went with Kumho. Good tire for the price. Even cheaper with near same performance is Nexan. Post pix of your car and the rims or find a link with them online.
Which Kuhmo's did you go with? How was the ride?
Live in Miami and it rains ofen. I will be using these for daily commute of 30 -40 miles a day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts