Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up DriveAccord family?

I been on here for a few weeks lurking around for some tech info for an upcoming build. I figured I would just do an intro/post pics/thank the community then but I am hoping to help some others who might be in the market for fog lights.

I bought a pair of fogs for my 05 accord from ebay. They are yellow lens and cost $19.95 + $7.95 shipping and I am quite surprised with the quality. The lens are actually glass! Unless I'm mistaken, most of the other kits selling for $30-$50 are plastic. I read a lot about these fog lights because apparently Honda decided to stop manufacturing the interior fog switch harness and I saw a lot of comments about ebay kits and the lens being poor quality.

Either way hope this helps someone else out who is looking for a pair. I am not affiliated with the company and my only experience with them has been this single transaction so use your own judgment when purchasing.

As far as me, I have a 2005 Accord EX 4-door 2.4l auto. For reason that I will explain next time (...so stay tuned lol) I have decided to do a little work to it (maintenance, paint job, sound system, alarm, etc). Nothing crazy so keep expectations low :wink . I will say though, this forum has information on EVERYTHING. If I ever need to look something up I just go " *whatever needed* DriveAccord" and you guys never let me down :grin.

Cheers :smile

·
Registered
748 Posts
Pics installed?

·
Super Moderator
6,358 Posts
The ones on ebay are glass. Where did you get the idea they are plastic? The yellow tint will come off in about a year, just wait. Been there and done that. After that, lens cracked from a rock so I custom fabricated lexan onto the lens, that MELTED. So the lens can't be plastic. Ebay foglight lens DOES HAVE poor quality. The OEM Stanley ones are more clear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
t-rd,
In that case I apologize. I was under the impression that the lens were plastic due to some posts on the forums where people stated that the OEM was glass and ebay was plastic, however I may have read/understood the post incorrectly. Also some fogs that were selling on ebay stated the item was made of plastic. If they are all glass then perhaps the description was about the housing/trim. As far as the quality goes, it seems well built. At ~$20 if the lens do break I'll just buy another set or switch to OEM. Really thought I got some wicked deal lol.

Evident,
At this time I do not have any pics of the fogs installed. It wont be until next weekend or the following week when we get time to tear apart the car and paint it.

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,166 Posts
Welcome...why no pics of the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cintocrunch,

Thank you. No pics yet because I have some board exams coming up soon (plus I never really took a pic of this car lol). I'll post up pics and possibly a video of the build in a few days hopefully. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts