Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had new starter put in and half way home from the shop and my check engine light came on. The shop closed for the day right after I left so I couldn't turn around and go back. I know the check engine light is emissions related, so my question is this just coincidental to the new starter or could the mechanic have bumped a sensor and ruined or something when removing the intake manifold.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
You really need to see the code, but the immediate thing that comes to mind is an intake leak, that will create a p0171 code, bank 1 to lean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Will take it autozone tomorrow and get the code read. Can't get ahold of the shop until Monday. It threw a code a few weeks ago, it was either a p442 or p420; can't remember but I changed the air filter and used some fuel injector cleaner and it went away after a couple days

The code from a few weeks ago was p420. Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
I found where I had it written down. But like I said before, that one went away before the starter was replaced

1 - 3 of 3 Posts