Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what happened, or changed, but I got on the freeway and suddenly my car won't accelerate beyond 60mph and if I punch it while at 60 it will actually slow down... Any suggestions? Anybody? I'm currently on the side of the road...

Gearhead Girl 馃
I'm not great at diagnosing these types of things, but I'd guess there's some problem with the fuel system. Maybe there's a clog somewhere? Do you have any warning lights?
If the car can still drive, I'd get it to a shop. If it won't accelerate to the speed limit, you could turn on the hazards.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It will still drive but now every time that I'm at a stop and I begin to accelerate it does this odd little double shift feeling when it's going from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th like it shifts hard but double clutches if that makes any sense. My transmission is automatic though... I'm trying to baby it home now but I desperately need to figure this out, I work 6 days a week, 30 miles from home, and have no options as far as alternative transportation

Now it will let me get above 60 MPH if it's incredibly gradual. Also my check engine light has been on since I purchased a vehicle and it's never givien me any problems

I don't know what to call it but if I accelerate too quickly it's almost like a chug chug chug like it's not shifting or maybe not getting gas and it will start slowing down when that happens

Gearhead Girl 馃
That sounds like a transmission problem then, sounds like it's slipping. 2003 automatic transmissions fail pretty often, and the check engine light can come on from the transmission as well, not just the engine.
Have you had a transmission fluid change?
Also, for future reference, never ignore a check engine light, even if it's not accompanied by any obvious issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts