Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this is my build guys. hope you enjoy (im obviously not done by any means)

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more pics

just got my cat back in this evening time to install!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm going to be the first to say it.... What is with the big tac on the side when you have a working tac in the gauge cluster? Please explain :notworthy

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Got a lot going on, not my taste but I enjoy seeing people get creative with cars.

What's the deal with everyone not painting the wheel center caps? Is it because they have a little bit of texture or people don't want to deal with the emblem? Either way, take the time to paint them to match the wheels and I think the curb appeal goes up tremendously, they stick out pretty badly. Also, get black lug nuts.

Paint the front emblem to match the rear (I think black for both would be neat to unify your theme), paint the grill bar to match the hood, and easy on the stickers, they add too much horsepower...

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,722 Posts
I'm going to be the first to say it.... What is with the big tac on the side when you have a working tac in the gauge cluster? Please explain :notworthy
X2!! And, it looks like it doesn't work!

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
Got a lot going on,

-Paint the front emblem to match the rear
-and easy on the stickers, they add too much horsepower...
Bingo....I like the look, but....it is bordering on "too busy". You have to tighten it up. The different color emblems stand out and detract- it looks like you forgot to paint one or the other. Your car is not a mullet- it is not business in the front and party in the back. Front and rear emblems need to match! Small detail, but should be black.

I love those stock wheels painted (Plasti-Dip?) black. I always liked that stock Enkei 16" wheel choice on the coupes.

BTW, those stock Enkei wheels sell like hotcakes around Chicago every spring/summer. We get potholes during and after winter, so guys running cracked aftermarket wheels are always looking to go back to Enkei's in the springtime. Beautiful wheels and strong, strong like Bull!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive been planning on painting the front emblem, and the front grill kinda matches the carbon fiber hood. its just been too cold to paint and the tach gauge works now. i thought i would like it but w/e. im going to get air fuel ratio, oil temp and water temp gauges and then just get a new pillar

parts and mods:
tower strut bar (jdm sport)
aem cold air intake (with a shitty filter)
painted covers
going to install cat back exhaust today.
Projector headlights with 10k HID lows and regular highs.
3600w amp with 10" sub in the back (with 4.4 farad cap)

To Do:
Window visors
Mud Flaps
Rear window spoiler
lip kit
wheels and tires (ive been looking on craigslist daily)
tsx power mirrors
tsx IM
need to fix the rock chips on the fenders.. (any suggestions would be great)

and im repainting the wheels as soon as i get a chance. i painted them the day after i got the car and it was too cold so they have air bubbles and look trashy.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
I always wanted to ask someone. What is the story with the black hood? I ask only because I see this A Lot !
IIRC - it's a carbon hood Denver scooped up on the cheap ... Didn't the ITR's and CTR's have black hoods ?

@ Denver - I'm with the others, I'd personally lose the stickers and ditch the red for black around back. But at the end of the day, it's your car, as long as you're happy that's what should matter.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good job on getting an intake, strut bar and carbon fiber hood. I prefer performance mods to cosmetics ones.

Are you gonna lower it on coilovers or springs? It's gonna look 100% better lowered.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
With this NOS build, he can rev to 10k, so he needs that tach.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Uh well...couple questions here...

What part on your car is Injen? or even Mugen? I could understand if you had a Mugen exhaust or something, but..doesn't look like you have any of them.

Unless you're going boost, you don't need the a/f, oil, and water gauges. That was played out back in 01'.

Remove the stickers; especially the one in the side mirror because well....ya know.

Good luck finding the lip kit.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Things I don't like about this car:

Everything that's been modified.

Positives:

...three pedals

"Objects in mirror are losing" must be pretty taunting to school buses and the like.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the injen decal is from my camry, aem is the intake, and mugen i just think looks really cool. ill go ahead and change the color of the emblems to black and the objects in the mirror are losing is just something funny

today i planned on taking of the old exhaust but only to find out it was welded on. took it to an exhaust shop and they said for 50 they would cut it, and bolt/weld on the new one (that is specifically for the 03 coupe v4).. then get called back that the nw exhaust doesnt fit and the shop charges me 40 bucks -.- now to deal with the orginal seller...

Things I don't like about this car:

Everything that's been modified.

Positives:

...three pedals

"Objects in mirror are losing" must be pretty taunting to school buses and the like.
you don't like intake? wheels? strut bar? headlights???

and yes im of course going to lower the car duh.

1 - 20 of 704 Posts