Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX, and the cruise stopped working. Initially, when I hit the "set" button, the light would flash then go off. Now it does not power on at all.

The radio controls on the steering wheel stopped working about 4 years ago. The cruise control just quit working about 3 months ago. Horn works fine.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check your fuses first. V6 model, check fuse 13 in engine compartment. Then check fuse 18 in the under dash box. If I4 model, check fuse 22 and fuse 23 in engine compartment box. Then check fuse 18 in the under dash fuse box. Hope this helps.

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Replace the button controls

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your problem is your cable reel inside the steering wheel behind the airbag. Mine went out a while back and I paid 89.00 for the part and 150.00 labor at the dealer. You can get the part cheaper on line...I think it runs about 120.00 at the dealer... I got mine from here....

www.bernardiparts.com

The part number is 77900-SDA-A21

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine started doing the same thing and it ended up being the brake light switch under the brake pedal. You can test this by pushing up on the brake pedal with your foot as you engage cruise control and see if it stays on.

The switch is adjustable and takes about 10 minutes to adjust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts