Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

First post here. I bought 03 Accord EX 2.4L 4cylinder several weeks ago, running great and all suddenly it threw those two codes.

I reset the light and they both have come back on. I’m wondering if anyone has had the 420 and 325 code come up at the same time and if one may be causing issues with the other?

TIA!

·
High Gloss
1 Posts
Hey,

First post here. I bought 03 Accord EX 2.4L 4cylinder several weeks ago, running great and all suddenly it threw those two codes.

I reset the light and they both have come back on. I’m wondering if anyone has had the 420 and 325 code come up at the same time and if one may be causing issues with the other?

TIA!
p0420 is emissions (O2 sensor, catalytic converter) related. mine came on every 3-4 months but never had noticable problems with it on. not sure about p0325 tho.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
P0325 is a bad knock sensor or wiring to the knock sensor, and the P0420 is the catalytic converter is not efficient enough. You need to fix the knock sensor error and see if the P0420 does not clear after it is working.

If you need a knock sensor there are a lot of post that only certain brands work well, obviously OEM is a safe choice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys, my CEL went out this morning without me doing anything. Not sure what is going on but I’m going to plug my reader in when I get home.

I plan to document when it comes on/off if it continues to do so.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Could have been a lot of things, bad fuel, loose or corroded connection at the knock sensor. Could have been a rodent chewed the wires. You should check the wiring to the knock sensor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
What is going on is your O2 sensors are old and about shot and you need to replace them (P0420) and ditto your knock sensor (P0325). The codes are still there and will continue to turn your light on and off until you fix the problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts