Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to speed tuning cars and have an 04 Accord Ex v6 coupe with straight 2.5" piping from the cat-back ending with flowmaster original 40s, but I was looking to install a cold air intake. I want to install a AEM with a bypass filter, but I wasn't sure if the gains are worth the risk of hydrolock. Like are the gains in horsepower and/or mpg worth the risk of hydrolock? Or is there any real risk with the bypass filter installed. AEM also offers a dryflow hydrophobic bag that can further protect the filter from water and dirt, does anyone know if this filter bag reduce airflow? Thanks

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
I've been running a K&N CAI for almost 2 years now (w/o a bypass) and have had absolutely no issues. Just my 2 cents. And if your worried about hydrolock, just opt for a Short Ram.

·
7th Gen
98 Posts
I have a K&N cai and havnt had any problems with and def love the mod, the sleeve reduces the air flow a little but better safe than sorry.

·
Hollaway24
293 Posts
I have the K N CAI for years now also and i have never had any kind of problems with mine as well. You will have to just about drown it to take in water. My .02

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
+1 to the sock, speakin of its that time, come spring I'm gonna have to take the filter off, clean it and replace the wetsock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts