Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this just happened overnight my navigation system wont even turn on it has been raining like crazy here in cali and im starting to think water got into it my radio works fine but the navi is dead asleep lol any help would be appreciated..

On my last thread a while ago my trunk was leaking water since then i put a silicone seal around the window well that made it worse now my back seats are getting wet before it was water only at the front of the trunk now i have water running all the way to the back seat. what should i do I need some advise please im pregnant and i cannot be driving around in a molded car..:dunno:

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Take it to honda. If it is the navi and you chose not to get an extended warranty, this was the main reason my dealer told me to get it when I purchased both of my Navi equipped cars. They said this is an expensive component to repair/replace. As cars get more advanced, it buttresses the reason to get warranties as most cant dip in their pockets to repair them. If its the DVD Rom drive that shorted then they'll just sent it off to alpine. May I as why you didn't fix the leaky trunk that you were def aware of knowing that you have electronics back there that can short out.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Honda will fix it! You probably have a bad rear DVD drive, it went in my 03' and I had to send it back to alpine.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Have Honda re-seal your rear window so it stops leaking. As others have mentioned, remove the DVD-ROM drive from the trunk and send it to Alpine for repair. They repair them for about $150.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts