ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here you go....

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, thanks. I guess I need to change my settings because I never got an email notification when you replied. That's exactly what I needed.

Deyo

·
Registered
87 Posts
princess, theres no bleed bolt for the engine block? everything drains from the radiator drain bolt for these K24 engines? or bleeding air out to worry about?

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True.....many newer Hondas no longer have the air bleeds. You usually run it after you think it's full. Recheck it when it cools. Do this until it's stays full.

·
Administrator
2,391 Posts
I did the drain and fill on my 05 LX a couple of months ago. Drained the radiator via the quick-release drain plug, refilled with the Honda premix, ran it, squeezed a bit of air out of the top radiator hose, topped it off and rinsed/filled the overflow tank. After running it the next day , it had sucked just a bit out of the overflow - but not much. No air pockets - very easy. Level has been stable since.

andy

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And there you go! That's how it done!!:thmsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice step by step instructions, though I have a question. This doc says you need 1.32 gal of type 2 coolant, but I have to read a few times that people only put 1 gal of coolant when changing. How much coolant do I need for my 04 LX 4 cylinder?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Where would I dispose of used coolant (the right way)? It's toxic to animals. I know that auto parts stores regularly dump my used oil...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Where would I dispose of used coolant (the right way)? It's toxic to animals. I know that auto parts stores regularly dump my used oil...
Check with some of the quickie lubes in your area. That is where mine goes (Jiffylube). They will usually take if for free but if not, offer a gift car purchase for an xmas gift?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts