Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always loved the shaved look on volkswagens/audis, then i saw Nexson's grill and it made me finally get the supplies to make my own. So, thanks Nexson for the push! The grill is not totally done. As of now, I just need to wet sand it and get the clear coat done, should be done this weekend. Sorry for the cellphone pics, I will get a real camera and some real shots of it when it is done and installed on my car. Just thought I'd share what pictures I do have cause I am excited lol

Getting bondo'd up

Bondo done (obviously) with primer on

Paint coat before wet sand. The dark color in the dark basement doesn't come out great but its actually a very even coat and nice metallic black.

Like I said, it should be done this weekend so expect finishing pictures. I think it's going to look really really awesome when its done. :thmsup:

Hell yea, I think it looks good at least. the paint came out nice. And no overheating problems even through stop and go traffic and highway driving, the car stayed the same temperature as normal the whole time.

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Seen it done, looks really good on a Red Accord with the grille black. Seems like SO MUCH work though. Def wouldn't have the patience for it. lol. Can't wait to see the final product!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For my first time working with bondo, it wasn't too hard but it did take time. I spent probably 3 hours one night doing the bondo/sanding, and another 3 hours doing the primering/sanding/painting another night. Hopefully I can finish it one more session.

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Not really... the lower will take car of the air. The coupes have closed grills and If its like my 04 grill. The bumper comes up behind it anyway, so it really wont make a diff.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And worse comes to worse, if I do notice it running too hot it takes 5 min to swap back to oem. But there is space around the grill for air and the bottom so I think it'll be fine.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Not bad =)

give it a little flex to make sure the bondo isn't cracking away from the plastic.

I like the push the limits of my grilles before installing them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the finished/installed picture up!

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
The upper grille is largely cosmetic anyway. Worst case, the cooling fans might cycle a bit faster in summer heat.

Nice job OP!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts