Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
K24 Power
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on everybody. My mom borrowed my car while she was driving on the freeway, the car abruptly turned off. She says before the car shut off, the gauges began flickering. My mom called AAA and they gave it a jump, and it still didn't start. I think it's the alternator. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
My case a little bit different. While I was driving, all the gauge turned dark ,but I can still arrive home. After the that, the car didn't start. I checked all the fuse under the driver side . There was 1 fuse (10 A) blown up. I changed it and every thing is fine. Hope this help.

·
'09 TL SH AWD Tech
654 Posts
What's going on everybody. My mom borrowed my car while she was driving on the freeway, the car abruptly turned off. She says before the car shut off, the gauges began flickering. My mom called AAA and they gave it a jump, and it still didn't start. I think it's the alternator. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Long before everything goes dead, the battery light will turn on, on the dash, indicating a battery problem or an alternator problem. Was the battery light on?

·
K24 Power
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long before everything goes dead, the battery light will turn on, on the dash, indicating a battery problem or an alternator problem. Was the battery light on?
Yeah the battery light went on. In fact all of the lights on the gauge went on. I'm gonna check the fuses, the battery and the alternator.

·
'09 TL SH AWD Tech
654 Posts
Yeah the battery light went on. In fact all of the lights on the gauge went on. I'm gonna check the fuses, the battery and the alternator.
Yours is an '05? That has the Denso alternator that is very reliable. The older ones like my '03 has the Delhi one that is total cr*p. Had to change it at 5 years old. Chances are its the battery. With fuses they blow and thats it, its dead. The flickering you mentioned means something kept going until it died, probably the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts