Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 accord. 2.4 manual transmission. After a couple days the battery dies. Battery is fairly new. Alternator is charging. I hooked up a meter and I'm getting a 0.13 amp draw. I pulled all fuses and relays and the only fuse that makes any difference is the main battery fuse. I pulled the fuse box under the hood and started pulling plugs. The plug with two large white wires one with a blue stripe stopped the draw. I tried unplugging the ignition switch. No change. What else could be feeding power from these two large white wires.

· one wheel drive
996 Posts
There are a number of WHT/BLU wires. The heavy gauge ones look like the blower motor, power window relay and ignition from a diagram I have. Is this in the area you're working? They could also feed subsystems and you'd have to pull the fuses inside the car also and see when the draw stops, specifically 24 thru 28 in the under dash fuse panel as the image suggests.

130mA is defiitely more than the <50mA norm but not huge. Your batt must be on the weak side or not fully charged to be killed by 130mA in less than a week.

Rectangle Schematic Font Parallel Engineering

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it would be either the power window or ignition switch wires. I had all the small fuses pulled inside and out and was still showing a draw. The battery is less than a year old. It's fine if I drive every day. It only dies if if I don't drive the car for a few days. I also had the ignition switch unplugged at one point so maybe it's the window controls. I have a manual ordered so I can look at all the diagrams but this did help some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts