Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 05 Accord V6 (Automatic), and I just performed the O-ring (orange) change following the TSB. The problem is after replacing the o-ring, I start the car and let the car idle and the groan/whine is still there when I turn the wheel. I went for a drive and there was no groan, after parking my car, the groan/whine (although not as loud) is still there when I turn the wheel all the way at max.

After the 10 minute drive, I checked the reservoir and there were some bubbles (fluid level is fine). Should I use a turkey baster and siphon some of the old fluid out and replace with Honda PS fluid?

Hopefully some of you guys could chime in and help me out.

TIA!

·
03 EX V6, and 6 others
147 Posts
After I did mine for the 3rd time (don't ask, long story), the sound went away after a day of use. It just has to get all the air out of the system.

But I've always used Honda PS fluid.

Jim

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
turn the wheel from side to side while holding about 2000 rpm. center it. shut off the car and wait a few min. repeat until the noise is gone.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Yep, sounds like air still residing within the system. Luckily for me when I performed this TSB it went right away.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It can take a little while for the noise to go away.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can I have a link to the TSB?

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
It is a STICKY here on the 7th Gen forums...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts