Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me?!?! Sometimes and only sometimes when I go to start my car the green immobilizer key continues to flash and will not allow me to start the car. I took it to one dealership; they couldn't get this issue to repeat so they changed the fuel pump relay since there was a recall on it saying that was the issue. (They replaced it without asking me or I would have told them I had it replaced already at a local mechanic since I live so far away from a Honda dealer) Anyway, point is I have had that part replaced twice now and still have the same issue. I just got it back from where a different dealer has had it for two weeks. When I first took it there the car replicated the issue so he knew I wasn’t crazy, but after that they couldn't get the problem to duplicate, so they cleared the computer on the car from where the check engine light was on and have not had any issues since. So I went and got it...as soon as I got it home the same issue happened. I called the dealership back and was told the only thing I can do is bring it back leave it there for as long as it takes them to duplicate the problem..then they can start checking every component to see if they can find the problem. Has ANYONE heard of this happening before? I am a single mom with two boys very busy in sports living on unemployment since my company downsizing in September. I can’t afford to keep taking it back and paying for things that are NOT fixing my car…..plus making a $400 a month payment on a car that only starts when it wants to is very frustrating. I have ALWAYS been a Honda girl, but after all these issues and no one being able to fix it, my view of Honda is now tainted..someone please help!!

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
The light blinking is telling you it's not recognizing the key you have put in the ignition.

Take ALL the keys you have for the car, put each one in one at a time, try to start with each key. Do they all start?

If so, notice when it doesn't start, mainly when it's cold in the car or cold outside? Or warm in the car?

I've seen a few gen 6s and Civics with bad immobilizer receiver antennas that would not work properly only when cold. They wouldn't read the key until the inside of the car warmed. I had to replace them on the cars I had issues with and they've been fine since.

Of course, if the dealer did have it for two weeks and it only did it once, sometimes its not enough to verify the bad part. The control unit could have issues too, but it would be hard to tell if it only did it once. You'd probably be even more mad if the car did it again after spending several hundred dollars on parts it doesn't need. The receiver antenna (goes around the key in the column) is the least expensive part of the immo system.

The fuel pump relay has absolutely NOTHING to do with the immobilizer light.

What was the check engine light, did they tell you what code it stored?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts