Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed some 6x9 Kicker 46CSC6934 speakers in the rear deck of my 05 coupe recently. They sound awesome-- BUT I can't get the factory grill covers back on due to some raised plastic trim on the speakers themselves... and the covers that came with the speakers are a smidge too big.

I really don't want to swap speakers because I've already gone through weeks of waiting, installing and fitting different pairs and I just love the way these sound.

Has anyone else run into this and been able to find a fix? I was thinking of heating the plastic on the factory covers and trying to mold it to fit around the plastic on the speakers but I'm hesitant and I don't even know if that works? I don't want to order any more OEM parts I've broken so many clips and plastic bits installing stuff on this car

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
What I did with my '06 coupe was I "Dremeled" the excess plastic where it was hitting the new speakers....it's just a matter of trimming a little, checking the fit, removing a bit more, etc..
I have a cordless Dremel tool that worked awesome for this...and even if you trim off too much plastic, no one will ever see it.

Granted, you have to do this with the speakers out of the car but it was time well spent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.