Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just a quick question here.

I have the opportunity to pick up some gunmetal 06-08 Si rims with good tires for around 300 Bucks. These would go on my Redondo Red Pearl 03 coupe.

I understand they would need 3mm spacers up front to clear the calipers and they the rims themselves are heavy mofo's.

Should i do it? i mean, i like the look of the rims, just wanna see what other people would think of the situation here.

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
Extra weight on wheels is not a good thing. Can you define "heavy"? Are they "heavier" than what you have now? Do you have a V6 or 4 cylinder?

How old are the tires on these rims? Any punctures or patch repairs? Any dry rot?

Are the new rims painted professionally or plasti-dipped, or something in between?

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
I like the look of these wheels and $300 is a great deal.
As for the weight, nothing is a heavy mofo when compared to my winter setup (17" 08 CR-V steel wheels)

Verdict:

Do it.

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Extra weight on wheels is not a good thing. Can you define "heavy"? Are they "heavier" than what you have now? Do you have a V6 or 4 cylinder?

How old are the tires on these rims? Any punctures or patch repairs? Any dry rot?

Are the new rims painted professionally or plasti-dipped, or something in between?
I have an 03 coupe 4cyl 5 speed.

& Nope, OEM finish. Tires are about 65% front 70% rear, rims weigh 22lbs each.

Also on steelies at the moment haha.

I like the look of these wheels and $300 is a great deal.
As for the weight, nothing is a heavy mofo when compared to my winter setup (17" 08 CR-V steel wheels)

Verdict:

Do it.
Haha, yeah i might! only major thing for me right now is that i'd have to run 3mm spacers up front to clear my brake calipers, and im just worried how much extra strain the spacers would add to the front end.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
As long as you choose some quality spacers, you won't have to worry about extra strain. 3mm is almost nothing considering some people use 25+mm spacers.

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As long as you choose some quality spacers, you won't have to worry about extra strain. 3mm is almost nothing considering some people use 25+mm spacers.
Oh okay sweet! just heard horror stories of premature wheel bearing failure and suspension component failure.

also one last thing

just realized those badboys at the top could be had for 168$ per rim new, but no tires. Factoring that all together they would be around 1300 with tires all said and done :dunno: so 300$ bucks for the Si rims and decent tires sounds better hahaha.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
I went to 18" Acura A-Spec wheels...THOSE are some heavy wheels but my K24 5MT doesn't feel strained moving them around and I did not notice any difference while braking because the Pirelli's are much better than the Costco Michelins the PO put on the stock wheels...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think you'll be fine considering its manual I really felt it on my V6 AT tranny there known to be weak only lasted couple weeks then I sold em and picked up 08 TSX wheels like a day and night difference felt very light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts