Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup peeps, Got a few questions here and google hasn't seemed to be much help so here goes.

I've been toying with the idea of putting FA5 Civic Si front seats in my 03 accord coupe, i'm just wondering how different the seat rail(s) dimensions are and if any or how much modifying would be involved in trying to make them fit in my accord.

There's usually a pair of these seats on my local used classifieds site for around 400-500 bucks, but i don't wanna buy some to find out there is no way to make them fit.

opinions & help appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been wondering about switching to lighter weight seats as well and wasn't sure what to do about the srs system, I want the rest of the air bags to work!

You might have to do some measuring, or try to borrow a seat, trace the mounting points on some cardboard, then compare to the accord seats?

·
Just got my 11 EX sedan!
182 Posts
go look at them, and do some measuring. measure yours first. you mite be able to use your rails under the civic seats. plus it mite be easier to mount just the seats vs the civic rails, and seat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of putting FA5 Civic Si front seats in my 03 accord coupe, i'm just wondering how different the seat rail(s) dimensions are and if any or how much modifying would be involved in trying to make them fit in my accord.
Have you actually looked at SI seats and compared them to your stock seats.

You are essentially going to be paying $400-500 (before mods) just for the SI logo.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
You are essentially going to be paying $400-500 (before mods) just for the SI logo.
I strongly disagree...

I love the Si seats. Very supportive and the cloth material is excellent. If I didn't have the tan leather interior, I'd be very interested in a pair of these seats.

·
Registered
34 Posts
^Have you personally compared in person because I have. If you have compared them in person you would notice the top half is exactly the same as both the coupe and sedan seats (and the coupe headrest). The only part on the bottom that is different is the bolster closest to the center of the car is smaller on both the drivers and passenger because the car isn't as wide.

edit: I guess I should add aside from the material also but that is pretty obvious.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
the top half is exactly the same as both the coupe and sedan seats (and the coupe headrest),
The sedan seats are not the same as the coupe seats, at least not in leather form. I equally love the perforated coupe leather seats which must be the same bolstering as the Si. Another thing to consider is the age of the seats. The seats in OP's 03 Accord are likely more worn/dirtied than an 8G Si seat, being as the FA5/FG2 ran from 06-11. I would also consider the EP3 seats. Something about the design of those...

OP is a young'n and young'ns spend money as they see fit. I'd like to see if the Si seats are in fact able to be swapped over with decently little work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Me, a very well known Southern California member and another member were comparing seats with the SI at a meet. I personally have a 03 I4 EX coupe with a black cloth interior, The well known member has a 03/04 I4 EX sedan with a Tan leather interior, and the other member has a 03-05 6-6 coupe with a leather interior. Me and the sedan owner agreed that same seats between accord model's (since the other member wasn't originally there) with the exception of material. The only difference we saw between the sedan and the coupe was headrest. But I can give you that the sedan might have a bit of extra padding vs the coupe since it isn't meant to have as much of a "sporty" feel but from what I remember it did not.

All 3 of us agreed that the seats were essentially the same between the 7th gen seats and the 8th gen SI seats.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
All 3 of us agreed that the seats were essentially the same between the 7th gen seats and the 8th gen SI seats.
Alright alright! Jeesh! Got it!:notworthy:notworthy

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Wolfy,
No disrespect to you or this "very well known SoCal member", but you are all wrong. I owned a 2011 Si and own a 2006 Accord now. The bolstering is not nearly as aggressive on the accord, there is definitely more padding on the seat cushion in the Accord and, most notably, the seats are a couple inches wider between bolsters on the Accord (the crucial difference for me since I'm 6'3"). I understand they may look similar but I owner them and have spent 30,000 miles with my big butt in each of these vehicles and I can tell you my back thanks me for the bigger seats in the Accord.

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Alright guys so i did a bit more research on this, and a fellow college student let me check out his SI seats.

The differences are quite noticeable, the main one being material. I have the black interior in my coupe, and the stock seats get lots of linty shit stuck to them easily, as opposed to the tweed SI seats.

As for the bolstering, the accord coupes came with revised seats and its almost identical to the SI's besides the part where your ass goes is skinnier, although the SI seats have a more aggressive look, which i like.

The only part that concerns me here is the airbag issue... i'm all down to do the seat swap and rail mods but i don't want to **** up my air bag system completely... like if i were to unplug the stock accord seats would it throw off the whole SRS system??

EDIT: also Somebody mentioned EP3 Si seats, and they are my FAV seats! but they are just so hard to get here, there's a shortage of EP3's around here let alone decent shape seats from a written off one.

Also my interior is mint, except the drivers headrest where the P.O (a hot chick) wore lots of hair product and theres like... a greasy spot from hairspray/stuff haha.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The EP3 and the RSX seats are the hardest seats to swap out of all of the honda seats. They are the only known honda seats where the rails are glued/rivited/welded to the base of the seat vs all the other ones which just have the rails simply bolted to the seat pan.

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The EP3 and the RSX seats are the hardest seats to swap out of all of the honda seats. They are the only known honda seats where the rails are glued/rivited/welded to the base of the seat vs all the other ones which just have the rails simply bolted to the seat pan.
Wait so i could get ITR or CTR seats and bolt them to my accord rails?

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Do you have a source to buy OEM ITR or CTR seats? I'd be impressed.

·
Young'n
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you have a source to buy OEM ITR or CTR seats? I'd be impressed.
I never said i was looking for them? simply curious to know if they would bolt up to my rails.

and yeah, sometimes a few pop up on the local classifides. but they are usually 800-1000$ a set.

also ebay, and importing sites.

still anyone know if they would bolt up to accord rails?

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Please post pics of the install if you get them! Would be a nice upgrade for people with cloth seats out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.