Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

New to the board:wave:. Thanks to you guys, i have purchased an Acura TL rear-sway bar and will soon install it. I own an 06 Accord Coupe LX 4cyl. I just have a question about a catback exhaust for it. I'm having problems finding it for my car on websites other than ebay(which only offers apexi and megan racing). GReddy makes the exhaust but they state its only for the EX models. Is there really that much difference:dunno:? and any suggestions to where i can find more?

Thanks

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
LX and EX are more than likely the same. they use the same engine and everything. the only thing different is really the interior and little features such as moonroof, etc.

I have the GReddy SP2 cat-back and I HIGHLY recommend it. it's pretty quiet overall. even my friends have said it's quiet. you only hear it when u gas too hard. its even quiet at idle. I'm not sure if there's still any. from what i heard, there's no more so me and a couple of others are the only accords with sp2 =)

if anything else i'd go with apexi.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

It seems that the Greddy sp2 has been discontinued... Would apexi still be quiet?

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
Yeah...I figured so. I doubt Apexi would be "quiet". Basically any aftermarket exhaust you put on your car is gonna be loud because you're allowing more air to flow thru than the stock exhaust which is very restrictive. The GReddy SP2 is still loud but when I said quiet I meant compared to other exhausts. You still hear the drone but it's not as bad.

I'd say Apexi is the way to go. I'd recommend oval body because the round bodies make the exhaust look cheap and it usually is and also ricers usually use the round bodies. I'll look more into some exhaust for ya but while I'm doing that keep looking.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm... Yeah i realize that i guess i didnt clarify what i meant by quiet either... And i think your completely right, i would never get a round body theyre too loud and too ricy(and they look bad in my opinion). Thanks for looking into it though.

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
I couldn't find any clips but the WS2 looks like a good choice. I wouldn't go wit Megan because I heard bad things about that brand. The WS2 is stainless steel and it looks OEMish. I doubt it's that loud but if it is just get a resonator or two welded to it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:banana:
woohoo k ws2 is the way im goin then... i have a 3g... slept in front of at&t to get it..

k thanks for all the help

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
I was one of the first buyers of the first one. I bought it right before the price drop =_=
I won't be getting 3g until my phone dies. Good luck with the exhaust. Let us know how it comes out. I'd like to hear a clip for comparison.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts